Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I'm so behind!

Between all this darn knitting and trying to maintain the level of cleanliness in the house that was set for Sydney's party (yes, I'm - gasp - actually doing some housework), it's hard to keep up with the end-of-month rush with all you sockers! So please bear with me.

Lolly managed to finish up a pink pair of Dublin Bay Socks while managing the Int'l Postcard Swap for Project Spectrum. Hats off to you, girl!

Curlypurly finished some purple Donny Osmond socks that she thinks are horrid but I kind of like. What can I say - I'm a fan of retro purple 80s socks! She gets her first brownie point for these.

Virtuella finished up a gorgeous pair of Glad Raggs socks for her F.

Laura knit up some fab Baltic Socks for a brownie point:


Newly sock-crazy Nelda finished her Olympic socks. She now has 3 brownie points, which ties her for the brownie-point lead, along with Quikeye and Ragan.

New knit-alonger Susan finished up her first pair of socks, which she wore while having embryos transferred. Send her some positive implantation thoughts! Although not too many, since she would probably prefer not to end up with quads. That's kind of a tricky thing, isn't it? I was talking to a friend today about what a nightmare it would be to have multiples, but I'm sure when you have them, you wouldn't dream of giving any of them up. Anyway, not to hijack Susan's update with parenthood talk...I just have enough trouble dealing with one baby at a time, much less four!

Abigail got another brownie point for her Olympic socks - red lace! So awesome!

Okay, I think that's everyone. Again, since the end of the month is coming up, please check your name in the sidebar and make sure you have an F if you made socks this month! If your F is not up by midnight on the 28th, you won't be entered in the drawing! And a reminder that this month's prize is Mt. Colors Bearfoot, donated by the lovely aforementioned Abigail (see it at the bottom of this post).

Enough talk - time to get back to the knitting!

11 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm madly trying to finish my Jaywalkers. Bringing up the rear here!

6:16 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

I will have my Olympic Pomatomi/uses finished tonight. There will be pictures posted tomorrow morning on my blog. I will finally get my "F"!!! I want to see if the pattern looks better in natural light. It's a busy yarn, and the camera flash makes it hard to see the pattern.

I took my oldest to the bus stop a couple of weeks ago. A young pregnant woman was walking by. She was talking to one of my neighbors. This young lady has 3 kids now and is pregnant with twins! Can't imagine having three young kids and twins to top it off! My mother's neighbor has triplet grandchildren - I think three girls, must be in their teens now. (They don't live around here.) Can't imagine!

7:24 PM  
Blogger chris said...

That's so amazing that Susan was finishing her socks while having embryos transferred!! Definitely sending her good implantation thoughts and vibes. Those socks will certainly have a story to tell when her baby(ies?!) grow up. :-) Thanks again for all your hard work hostessing this KAL- I don't even know the half of what you've got going on, and what I do know already blows me away. Take care, Chrissy! :-)

10:54 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Oh, poop. I wasn't thinking about the shortness of Feb! I cast on a pair of Dublin Bay socks last night. Can I finish them in 5 days? Well, 2 of those days are weekend, so maybe!

6:35 AM  
Blogger lexa said...

Pomatomus socks are finished and posted on my blog. Got my "F"!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

You're behind? I'm behind! No socks even STARTED in February. Oh well, maybe I'll get an M next month.

10:56 AM  
Blogger amandazen said...

Great socks everyone!!

Amanda :)

4:17 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

AWESOME! I Love them! They look Great on you!

4:21 AM  
Blogger Ragan said...

Everyone's socks are so wonderful!!! I love looking at all of them. I wish that my socks were not so very boring! I will have to attempt something new with the next pair *gulp*!
I finished a THIRD pair of the crayon striped socks, and I think that is all I will get out of that yarn! I also started ANOTHER pair. WOW. Maybe if I hurry...I can squeeze this one in before the end of February! I love socks, instant gratification. Tee-hee.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see all the socks! I also finished my Febuary socks, the first with my own pattern (kind of). = )

8:34 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Those socks are great!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home