Monday, February 27, 2006

SP7 rocks my world!

My SP7 has been dropping little hints that I should be expecting a big package sometime soon. Imagine my delight when I found a box waiting for me after the mailman's visit. I ripped it open and pulled out this mysterious object:



It was heavy, cylinder-shaped and wrapped in bubble wrap. I had no clue as to what it might be. I'm a little daft sometimes, because once I unwrapped it, it all made perfect sense!



A humongous Yankee Candle in my favorite scent! Yay! There were a few (just a few) other goodies in the box as well.



Meg Swansen's A Gathering Of Lace, the Sweet Mary Jane cardigan pattern from Knit Picks (hmm, more lace) and four hanks of Shimmer to knit it with. And, just to make sure I don't make it a full day without cheating on my diet, a little bag of chocolate. Notice that they didn't make the pictures?

Thanks, SP! You rock! I am very tempted to wind up that Shimmer and start on Sweet Mary Jane, but I'm dedicating my life to socks for the month of March. I have my Vineyard Stripes socks (which is now the knitting that I keep in the car at all times, so I never have to sit and do nothing when I send Bill in for coffee or wait for Sydney's preschool class to let out). I'm also going to start New England from Knitting On The Road, and I have a couple of secret projects of the socky variety as well. Oh, yeah, and my Sockapaloooza socks, although they might not get started in March since they're not due until May...

Speaking of socks, you guys have been going nuts! Check out all these updates (and they just keep coming and coming...):

Cece's got some Dublin Bay socks made out of gorgeous Koigu.

Ragan has her FIFTH brownie-point socks - a pair she knit quick for her son to wear to school for Fox In Socks day.

Manda earned Olympic gold as well as an F for these Broadripple socks.

Leah's got some Badcaul socks - more Koigu! Love that Koigu.

Dave stranded up some way cool (and way Canadian) Blue Moose socks. You have GOT to check them out.

Sara knit up some rockin' Canada socks from Knitting On The Road.

New knit-alonger Lindsey joined too late to get her F, but she's got blue brownie point socks!

Julie finished some INCREDIBLE over-the-knee socks.

Thanks to everyone for all your awesome socks! Remember to double-check your name in the sidebar for any needed corrections, and get any last-minute updates in by midnight tomorrow PST!

12 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Ack! I'm knitting as fast as I can!!! :)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

What a nice package! The Sweet Mary Jane Cardigan is so cute.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's some SP loveliness!

4:36 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

Nice prezzies you received!

Another brownie point for me! I finished Darren's socks tonight. Pics are posted on my blog!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

What a nice package from your SP7. I guess I'm around babies too much, I thought the bubble wrapped object was a diaper!!
Your Olympic shrug is beautiful. Congratulations on finishing it in time.
I finished my Feb. socks - pics are on my blog.

4:50 PM  
Blogger chris said...

What an awesome package from your SP!! The book, pattern and yarn are fantastic! And the chocolate isn't cheating on your diet... it's a REWARD for the diet. ;-) Thanks so much for all the sock updates, Chrissy! Take care! :-)

5:25 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Your SP rocks! Enjoy all of your goodies.

Amy

4:50 AM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Just wanted to let you know that I got another pair of socks done this afternoon!

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't SP7 a blast!
I just wanted to make sure you rec'ed this on time, but I finished my February socks last night - Olympic frenzy had me so distracted I was worried!
http://starzabove.com/article/february-socks-fini

Thanks!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Fibreaddict said...

I have my socks done but won't be able to post a picture until maybe tomorrow or the day after.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I just finished! Ends woven in and done at 11:59 CST! Pictures tomorrow! Woo Hoo!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

CrazyBasketLady gets in just under the wire! I finished my February socks today at lunch and there is a picture to prove it on my blog!

http://crazybasketlady.blogspot.com

Karen aka the CrazyBasketLady

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home