Thursday, October 20, 2005

Some Conwy progress

I am making some good progress on Conwy. In fact, I didn't blog yesterday because I was too busy knitting (imagine!). I'm really liking this pattern and am going to have trouble giving these socks away when I'm done with them. But I can always knit another pair, right? Anyone who loves socks should definitely buy Nancy Bush's Knitting On The Road. It's really a great bunch of patterns.

Here is a picture of the back with all of the decreases completed.


A lot of folks in the knit-along left out the decreases because they thought they looked like a mistake, but I don't mind them and like the way that it tapers the sock leg. I'm also finding the way this yarn (Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Black Purl colorway) is pooling to be very interesting - kind of like a tapering spiral around the leg. It distracts from the stitch pattern quite a bit, but I still really like the way that the sock is turning out. If I knit them again, I'll knit them in a less contrasty yarn.

Here is a shot of the front:


In other sock news, here is a close-up of the baby socks on foot:


I think he likes them!


And my gratuitous cute kid pic for the day:


It took awhile to get one without any naughty bits showing, but I think this is demure enough. Let me tell you, they both loved being in the tub together! Although Sydney was determined to try to drown Owen by dumping bottles full of water over his head. And don't worry - I've added code to my blog to make it so these pictures won't be cached forever. Sydney won't have to worry about someone finding them when she's in junior high, and since I added the code I haven't been getting hits on pervy searches anymore. Let's hope that luck holds!

Finally, I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who has been leaving such nice comments here. I really like to go and visit the blog of every person who comments, but lately there just hasn't been enough time. Or else I've gone to your blog, been about to leave a comment and been interrupted by earsplitting screams that required my immediate attention... Anyway, do know that I really love to get all your comments and I have the best of intentions to return the favor if I can!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jillio said...

i enlarge the picture to see the stitch pattern and your sock looks FANTASTIC! the black purl colorway is really interesting...hypnotic, almost. must be the colors.
the modeled socks are adorable, too!!! owen is just darling! i would just snuggle him if i could. heehee ;)
the kiddies are sooooo CUUUUUUTE!!!! i can't wait until my niece and nephew are big enough to put them in the bath together. *sigh*

12:19 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Your kids are so cute! I've been reading your blog for the past week and noticed we seem to have kids the same age (mine are 3 & 6 months).

The socks look great! I'll be starting my first pair of socks soon, I can't wait.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

definitely blackmail material for junior high. And they didn't have any scarring incidents while in the tub together like Candsmom had?

5:29 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your Conwy is looking awesome!! Love the colorway. And I love the little sock on Owen's wee foot! :-) The tub pic is priceless. Bossy's tried to drown Stinky countless times, too. The worst part is, I think Stinky kind of enjoys it. I just know she's going to wind up in some messed up codependent relationship someday. :-P

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home