Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Another FO and a little yarny goodness

These have been almost finished for a few months now and have been sitting around waiting for buttons to be sewn on. I was carrying them around in my knitting bag for awhile, and then they got lost. I was cleaning the office on Sunday and found them again. I sewed the buttons on immediately so I could finally get them off my list before they got lost again and Owen grew out of them before ever wearing them.

Here they are - baby sandals from Debbie Bliss' Baby Cashmerino book, knitted out of(oddly enough) Baby Cashmerino.


Owen loves pulling on them and stretching them out to bizarre dimensions before finally getting them off his feet so he can chew on them. They may not be keeping his feet warm, but at least he's enjoying them!


I got my package of yarn booty yesterday in what seemed like record time. I guess WEBS sends stuff out a lot faster if they don't have to dig through their garage sale stock to fill the order...


I couldn't resist breaking into it. I need a little break from socks anyway, since October has truly been Socktober for me.


I adore the Berroco Plush (it's just so incredibly soft) and the Suede is kinda cool, too. It feels rough compared to the Plush, but it's definitely appropriate for this project.

All right, poor little neglected Owen is telling me it's time to wrap this up. Waaah! Waaah!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jillio said...

dang, owen is one lucky baby! those baby sandals are adorable! i absolutely <3 the color :)
and wow...that WEBS order was quick! can't wait to see the ugg booties!
Word Verification Of The Day (WVOTD): upciskuy. i'm coming down from a coffee high so i can't think of some funny anecdote to go along with it, but it sounds funny when you try to say it out loud..."uhp-siss-koo-wee" "oop-kis-kee" "uhp-sissk-ai" hehe...

11:21 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Those baby sandals are awesome! Owen's going to have some pampered feet with that Baby Cashmerino. And eating them's the best part!

Your stuff from WEBS looks fabulous. I especially like that lovely gren number. Reminds me of Jolly Rancher candy...can't wait for Halloween! :-)

11:30 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Nice sandals! I think I may have some of that exact Baby Cashmerino in my stash! LOL!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those booties are adorable on Owen! What a lucky boy, although he doesn't know it yet :) And good going on the stash enhancement. See, you don't need my help, you're doing just fine all on your own!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Cute booties! I need to make the bobble booties to match Claire's sweater, also with Baby Cashmerino.

And I want to make the Ugg booties too! I bought the cheapo Lion Brand Suede but I think the yarn is too chuncky so I'll probably return it. I didn't want to deal out the $$ for the Berroco plus I couldn't find anywhere that had the Plush. Can't wait to see how they turn out!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Great little booties, and your Ugg booties are coming along nicely. Do you think we could modify the pattern for a full sized version???

11:13 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Such cute shoes! Thanks for the comment on my blog, too. I may just have to add you since we live in the same city. (okay, technically I'm in Tigard) How long have you been in Portland?

11:19 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Love those sandels. I can't wait for the New Year, because I plan to knit tons of fun baby stuff for my BFF's new bundle (she's due in March). More new yarn?? Are you sure you're on a yarn diet?? I know, I remember you had perfectly valid excuses why you needed to order these. :) And just think, yarns you may need to by as gifts (for any reason) don't count. Tee hee.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Oh so cute booties and that baby is darling! (heh, like you didn't know)

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home