Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Stash organization

Yesterday, I got my stash a bit more organized. The six loads of laundry my husband did this weekend, however, although folded, are still sitting on the dining room table, waiting to be put away. I have pictures of both, but Blogger refuses to upload them. Perhaps it's a sign that I don't need to display pictures of laundry here.

In a way, it's great to have a bunch of clothes in the middle of the dining room. When Owen destroys another outfit via spit-up or diaper explosion, I can just run to the dining room to grab a fresh one instead of sprinting upstairs while hoping Sydney doesn't kill him while I'm gone. (Okay, I don't give her enough credit - she has only made him cry three times in nearly five months. Pretty good for a two-year-old.) After lounging around in my pajamas until noon (while watching soaps and eating bonbons, of course), I don't have to drag the kids upstairs to get dressed - my wardrobe is right at hand, in the middle of the dining room! Of course, we can't ever have people over, and I'm quite embarrased whenever anyone comes to the door, but so far the positives have outweighed the negatives enough that I haven't been motivated to lug it all upstairs and put it away. It's just going to get dirty again and go down to the basement, anyway, right?

But I digress... Owen miraculously took a two-and-a-half hour nap yesterday (he hardly slept on Sunday, so he made up for lost time), and I was able to organize my to-be-completed projects in a nifty little spreadsheet - stash.xls. I currently have three projects on needles. I have another 9 unstarted projects w/ designated patterns and yarn. I have 2 unstarted projects w/ yarn purchased and clear designs (designed by me) in mind. I have 3 miscellaneous balls of yarn that I bought to swatch and see if they inspired me at all. Since it doesn't seem like enough planning ahead to only have projects for the next three years, I went to Knit Picks and ordered yarn for a bunch of Christmas presents and a scarf I want to design as well as a ball to swatch and see if it will work for Hopeful. That's what I get for surfing the archives at Knitty! I have my Christmas list 90% covered now. We'll see if I can actually get all the stuff knitted in time. I'm fast, but I'm also easily distracted by new yarn/projects.

The NE Knitting Mommies met last night and we had three new members join us. It is so much fun to see what everyone is working on (and last night somebody ELSE made yarn barf - not me!). This one hasn't been started yet, but here is the project I can't wait to see... I started on one of my many Xmas gifts, so I can't post any progress pictures here. You'll just have to wait until January! I need to figure out some way to post pics w/o giving anything away...

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I so agree about the laundry - why put it all away just to take it back out to wear anyway!!! I admire your organization . . . the Excel spreadsheet sounds great for keeping track.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Mamma said...

I have often thought why bother putting the clothes away when they are so much more convenient in the middle of the living room (I've gotta get out of the house more, when did I start saying things like "so much more"?)

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home