Thursday, August 25, 2005

I felt ya, dawg

Last night, I made my first attempt at needle felting. I think it turned out pretty nice, if a little lopsided! Here are the pics midway through (the petals are pretty well attached w/ the size 38 needle, but I still needed to do the center of the flower and the finishing work)


And here is the finished product, after adding the flower center and finishing with a smaller size 40 needle. I love it! It will be great for those rare occasions when I leave the house without a diaper bag or knitting bag.


I also managed to weave the ends in on the first pair of baby socks, and here they are on baby feet:


What you don't see in that picture is that he was screaming with rage at those socks. We'll see if he has that reaction every time I put them on him - they may have to go in the gallery of cute-but-unusable knitted objects.

I am going to be picture-happy today. First, a picture of the permanent state of our kitchen floor. This is what my daughter does while I neglect her for blogging or (god forbid) unloading the dishwasher. I'm too lazy to pick it up, so her "fresh pages" keep piling up. She's finally figuring out that she can draw more than one thing on each sheet of paper, so they don't pile up quite as quickly as they used to.


Here is a close-up of one of her adorable-if-slightly-psychotic drawings. Not bad for a two-year-old, huh?


Finally, a new idea of what to do with that poor, unfinished baby sock. Since baby toes are often one of the cutest parts on the baby, and they're always covered up, I propose a new invention - the toeless baby sock (and, yes, I know it's a little early in the season for the pumpkin pajamas, but I doubt this outfit will still fit him in October):


Am I a trendsetter or what? I am going to rip the toe out of the other sock and finish them up as baby ankle warmers, toeless foot warmers, what have you. Look for the finished results coming up soon...

And one last technical note - I changed my blogger settings so that anonymous comments can be made on my site. The simple explanation is that you don't have to log in to make a comment (so now anyone can do it - hint, hint...). But please, do leave your name (and Bill, I know you're reading this, so no obnoxious anonymous comments from you, please, my dear).

Thanks for reading!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mamma said...

I have a beautiful cabled sweater that I knitted for my 15 mo old. It is by far the best thing I have ever knit. She threw her first tantrum and said no for the first time when I tried it on her. She continues to howl in rage whenever I come near her with the sweater. Now we pull the sweater out when people come over and use it for entertainment purposes. The joy of having children.

That purse is too cute. Nice job.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Love the bag - it's great!!! Let me know if the changed comment setting works or if you end up just getting a bunch of spam (that's what happened to me when I had it set for anyone to comment - but I HATE hardly ever getting comments and would love to change it back.)

K

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home