Thursday, March 19, 2009

Somebody, please kill me...

I thought I was going to get lucky and slide past this one, but no. Owen's horrible illness of last week has visited itself upon me and boy does it suck. I spent a miserable night trying not to gag every time I took a breath due to severe throat scratchiness, and when I wasn't doing that, I was waiting for the next gush to come forth from the nose. It's not enough to have a stuffy nose - no. I've got the kind that seems fine, and then all of a sudden opens like a faucet with absolutely no warning. I have to have a hanky in hand at all times.

The good news is that being sick gives me lots of knitting time. Bill takes care of the kids (although today they're going to my in-laws' after school because Bill's at the NCAA basketball tournament all day today - lucky guy!) and I get to sit in front of the TV and knit. The deadline is ticking down (book designer meeting is Monday), so I really need to get my butt in gear. The only problem is I've been almost too sick to knit. You know it's bad when I can't even work on a bulky stockinette slipper sock...

This afternoon I've drugged myself up and I'm going to try to finally get some of the book's technique photos knocked out. Wish me luck - all I really want to do is curl up in bed and watch Wedding Crashers for the 36th time!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh goodness - feel better soon! Those kids love to share everything, don't they ;o)

2:05 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Hope you feel better by now. Please let us know how the meeting with the book designer goes!!! :)

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Roy Andrews said...

Thannks great post

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home