Sunday, March 15, 2009

This is what a crazy person looks like...

What a month I'm having! I've been teaching toe-up sock classes and workshops, speaking at local guilds, trying to make mozzarella and failing miserably, furiously knitting the remaining samples for the book, trying to figure out how the heck I'm going to pay to have the book printed (I'm still hoping for a visit from the Money Fairy who will swoop in, just in time, with big bags of money - you know, the kind with the big "$" on the front?), and planting my vegetable starts. It's exhausting, I tell ya! Here's the status of a sock I was hoping to have done in time for my photo session this afternoon:



I don't think it's gonna happen. As I started to get the first pairs of sample socks done, I decided that it would be a good idea to show several pairs in different sizes and yarns. Yeah. The photography is supposed to be done by next weekend, and I've got at least three more pairs of socks that I'd *like* to knit, not to mention a slew of technique photos left to do. I know I always say I work best under pressure, but this is ridiculous!

In the meantime, the kids keep themselves mostly entertained playing Rock Band.



Sydney has gotten surprisingly good. Owen...not so much. He prefers to try to hit his sister with the drum sticks.

We're going to try to do the cover shoot for the book this afternoon. I'm a little nervous, but I know that Gail will do a fantastic job. It will be interesting to see how it turns out in the end. The guts of the book have come together nicely but I still don't know exactly how well it's going to clean up. The design process is going to be very interesting (hopefully in a good way).

And now...back to the knitting!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Chrissy, go GO!

Thanks for taking the time to post-
I know it's crazy, but it's nice for us to follow along!

Good luck with the shoot!!

1:35 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Oooohh, can't wait to hear about the cover shoot! :)

11:49 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

Seriously? You're already doing your veggies? I am sooooo behind...

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the comment about the need for money to publish the book and wanted to let you know that print on demand books could be one way to do this.
Today's Oregonian (Mon 16 Mar) had an article on it when discussing photography books

12:11 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Good luck! I'm sending wishes for quick needles your way :)

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home