Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Hey, strangers!

One problem with blogging so infrequently is that I forget what I've blogged about and what I haven't. I suppose I could go back and read my previous post, but that seems like too much trouble. Heh. I've got a few things to talk about today, the first of which is something I've been promising for a month now and have yet to deliver on - my review of the Addi Clicks!



I'll start with my one complaint, and that's the lack of extra cables. I'd love to have a few more cables in a few different lengths. But I'm guessing that's on the horizon and once they get production ramped up, I'm sure I'll be able to buy more cables. It's just because I want to have a project going on every set of needle tips...

Other than that, I love this set. I've got two Denise kits, which I love (but they don't work with every kind of yarn, I've found, because they're stickier than metal), and a Knit Picks Options kit which I never use because I hate the pointy needle tips (I'm a freak that way). The Addi Click set has the lovely blunt Addi Turbo tips and the cables go into the needle without requiring any special tiny equipment (like the Knit Picks set does) that I'd inevitably lose within two weeks of buying the set. It took me a few minutes to figure out exactly how to click the cable into the needle tip, but once I did manage, I was immediately convinced of its awesomeness.

The other great thing about this kit? The case. I was standing at the table switching needle tips and cables when Bill walked in and commented that I looked like a hit man with my weapons case. Considering all the pointy metal bits and cables, you could conceivably take someone out with the Clicks although that might negate the lifetime warranty...

Next topic! I'm going to be hustling myself and my samples around NW Oregon during the month of March, so if you're in the area, here's the haps:

March 7: "Toe-Up Socks Revealed" workshop in Hood River, details and registration here.

March 12: "Secrets of Getting Published" talk and trunk show, Portland Knitter's Guild, 7 pm at Cafe Pallino, SE 30th & Division.

March 14: Sock talk and trunk show, Millstream Knitting Guild in Salem, 9:30 am at Mission Mill Museum, 1313 Mill St SE.

And on March 19, my co-conspirator Donna will be doing a beginning lace workshop with some of our samples and patterns at the Tigard Knitting Guild meeting, 7 pm at the Tigard Senior Center.

In the midst of all this, I'm getting my book ready to go to the book designer. Whew! I won't mention the fact that we got a little box in the mail the other day, and that little box contained an extremely addictive little game, and we hooked that little game up last night and played for two hours, and it's virtually impossible for me to knit while playing the drums...although I could almost manage while wielding the microphone.

3 Comments:

Blogger sarah / knot another hat said...

That's too funny - I posted today with a review of addi Clicks, too! See you Saturday!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Wow, your one busy lady....I have a pair of the options and love them....I haven't tried the addi clicks .... funny how peoples tastes vary....I love my options...

3:26 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Nic just mentioned the Addi Clicks in the StitchCraft newsletter and got me thinking about them. I'm disappointed about the 3 cords, though. It's like you're only getting three sets of needles for $150? I mean, I know it's not, but for those of us who tend to start projects mid-project, it could put a cramp in one's style.

Book's on the way to the designer? You're amazing.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home