Friday, March 21, 2008

Knit, knit, knit...

First of all, thank you all for your most helpful comments on Sydney's school situation. I'm still not 100% sure which way we're going to go, but it helps to hear lots of good feedback from those who have their kids in public schools. We'll be going to visit the elementary school in a couple of weeks and that will be a big help in making out decision. Now if I could just figure out what to do with Owen...anybody know of any great preschools in Portland, on the east side, that would have openings next fall?

In other news, I have been knitting like a madwoman. I just sent off my second pair of March socks this morning, and I'm halfway down the cuff on the second sock of the third pair (due on the 31st). Whew! My wrists are hating me, but I think I'm going to be able to pull it off. Once I get these socks out of the way, I'll be able to refocus on my June designs for GYW. I'm going to try not to procrastinate so terribly this time around and actually do some photography, formatting and editing BEFORE I sell a bunch of patterns at TNNA...

TNNA booths are being assigned this week - the assignments are made in order of seniority (you get points for every year you exhibit, so the people who have been there forever get the first pick of booth location while peons like me who have only exhibited once are at the bottom of the barrel). I'm waiting very anxiously to see where we'll be and hoping we're not in the middle of the giant sea of needlepoint this time! Nothing against needlepoint, but it's hard to get yarn shops' attention when you're not in their line of sight. I've got some designs for fall that I'm really excited about (look for sneak peeks in late May, assuming I can get my act together by then) and I'm hoping that the show in June will be really good. If you are or know a shop owner who's going to be there, please put in a good word for me :-).

And now, back to my socks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home