Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Slogging through...

So apparently Mercury has been in retrograde, which explains some of the crazy behavior that has been so common lately. I am continuing to slog through and have suddenly been much inspired in my design work. I've got three patterns actively being knit and another three that are almost ready to go to the sample knitters. I've got three sock designs that have been accepted by various and sundry publications that will be getting going soon, not to mention the book which needs to be given some attention.

Fortunately, I've got my wonderful business partner Donna, who is ready and willing to help me out with all of the non-creative stuff that I tend to put off because I just don't want to deal with it. She actually enjoys talking to yarn companies and shop owners. Not that I don't, but my introversion tends to make it something I tend not to look forward to. I don't even like calling to make myself a doctor's appointment!

February is almost over, and I'm looking forward to the arrival of March and hopefully a better outlook on life. February just generally stinks, apart from my darling daughter's birthday.

Here are a few of the pictures Blogger refused to let me put in my last post. First, my current big knitting project (a coat made out of Malabrigo that will be a plus-size pattern for my fall line):



Oh, Malabrigo, how I love thee! The unwound hank on the right is some Dream In Color Classy that will become a 'tween hoodie design. Oh, purple, how I love thee, too!

Next up, a miniature version of the shawl that Grumperina is knitting for me:



I did one repeat of the pattern and then added an edging. It's so cute! I managed to totally screw it up by working the same pattern on both sides (it's supposed to mirror) but fortunately it was just a prototype to test out some edging ideas.

Last but not least, my Tilli Tomas Rockstar cloche:



This was a totally fun little project that made great use out of one ball of this uber-expensive yarn. Look for all these designs in June!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was making some homemade bread today and remembered your search for a good whole wheat bread recipe and wondered if you have tried the King Arthur Flour whole wheat bread recipe? If not it is good. All whole wheat flour and not to dry. I think it is very good. Anyway, let me know if you haven't tried it and would like to and I'll email it to you. :)

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got back from Stitches West, and I finally understand all the Malabrigo hype. That stuff feels sooooooo heavenly. And I got to take home a teeny tiny little skein of their new lace weight, it's incredible. I also saw (and petted) that beaded yarn, in fact I petted it at every single booth where it was offered, but had to leave it hanging there. Much too rich for my blood! I've been meaning to congratulate you on you successes, you are really taking off and there's no stopping you now.

Good luck with your little one, mine fell into the toilet (on Dad's watch, I might add) and now is completely afraid of the potty. It's worse than being at square one, she was doing great and now it's sheer terror when someone mentions the "P" word. Sigh.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

A plus size line! How exciting, can't wait to see that coat :)

9:11 AM  
Blogger Lydia said...

this is unrelated to the post, but I'm casting on the twisted tulip socks and need to make a size for a 6 1/2. Should I adjust the number of stitches, or work with the one's in the pattern. I'm using a lighter weight yarn on #1's, any help is appreciated.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home