Friday, February 08, 2008

They're coming to take me away..hee hee!

Although I don't need to go anywhere - I'm already at the funny farm! I had such grand visions of what I was going to accomplish today. I was going to get the laundry washed, dried, folded and put away. I was going to get the kitchen clean and the carpets vaccuumed. Bill has been in San Antonio this week, and he'd be so delighted to come home to find the house all clean. Um, not gonna happen. I'm not sure exactly what happened to the day, but here's what all's on my mind right now:

* decide which yarn to take to Cat Bordhi self-publishing retreat
* find that yarn (easier said than done)
* print off book proposal draft
* print out Feather Lace Shawl chart (I'm making a sample for Twisted out of a lovely green skein of Malabrigo) for "meeting knitting"
* charge cell phone
* try not to forget to pick Sydney up from preschool
* make sure I have enough clean clothes to pack for the week
* plan Sydney's birthday party, which needs to be one of the last two weekends of February or it gets bumped to mid-March due to Sydney's Grammy's impending trip to Costa Rica for two weeks in the middle there
* start writing patterns for June designs so sample knitters can start on them
* order yarn for June designs so sample knitters can start on them
* block Camelspin scarf so fringe can be added and it can be sent off immediately upon my return
* figure out how best to navigate the surprisingly contentious concept of admitting crochet designers to AKD
* get Ravelry ads I signed up for starting March 1 ready for approval
* post remaining new patterns on Ravelry
* post errata for Cabled Baglet from Designer One-Skein Wonders on Ravelry and my website since the tech editor totally hosed my cable instructions - yikes!
* try not to forget to pick Bill up at airport

Owen is assisting me in all this by dumping an entire box of bunny crackers all over the futon in our TV room and "digging for treasure" in them. Sigh. And now I must get to item #6 on my list if I can figure out how to tear Owen away from "Wow, Wow, Wubbzy"...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt exhausted just reading your list of things to do. Yikes! I wish you lots of energy and sanity to get through it.

3:06 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

And I thought that I had a lot of thing to do!

Wubbzy... Mine can watch it at his grandmother's, but we don't get it on our satellite dish. He does, however, go on Nick Jr and play the Wubbzy games.

5:13 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

It all gets so nuts when you're getting ready to leave town, huh? :)

*I'll second your yikes on the pattern errata . . .

7:37 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

How on earth do you get anything done? I have trouble with to-do list 1/4 the size of yours....

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack! If you makes you feel better, besides my house needing a good vacuuming, I have not yet designed my ravelry ads that start on February 16th. :-)

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home