Tuesday, November 06, 2007

It's now or never!

Since I'm working movie night tonight at Dublin Bay, I'd better post now or risk breaking my streak! I'm really liking this posting every day thing as long as y'all don't expect me to put pictures up every day. I've been expecting myself to only post when I have pictures, since pictures are eye candy and I figure people don't want to just read words. On the other hand, there are plenty of grown-up books without pictures that get read, so I just need to write something worth reading and then I don't need to worry about pictures, right?

Unfortunately I can't bring myself to write anything worth reading today since I haven't had breakfast yet (unless you count my giant mug of coffee) and Owen is getting impatient with the fact that I've been on the computer all morning.

So I will just say this - remember to vote today! If you're in Oregon, make sure you drop your ballot off. While Oregon's voting by mail sure is convenient (if you don't forget to mail your ballot), I sure do miss going to the polls. Voting has always been very exciting to me and I get a thrill each and every time I do it. I wish everyone felt the same way - I often wonder what the outcome would be if everyone voted.

And now I'm off to cook up some eggs! Go vote!

4 Comments:

Blogger greetingarts said...

After Gore won the Nobel prize, I got so depressed, thinking about how different the world would be now if a few votes hadn't changed the course of history seven years ago. I usually don't let myself think about it, but... seriously. Sigh.

And don't you hate it when people who don't vote are the ones who complain the most and loudest?

12:32 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

I'm not sure which I hate more: people who understand the issues but can't be bothered to vote, or people who have no clue about the issues and wouldn't miss the chance to express their ignorance at the ballot box. Good luck in Oregon.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Wendee said...

Washington state has some important measures on this ballot as well. And... I got the best of both worlds. I faithfully filled out my mail-in ballot, put the stamp on it and then proceeded to rip off the signature security flap. DOH! So I got to visit the polls to drop of my ballot in person. I was delighted to see one of my neighbors working there, so it was worth the trip!

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you are posting everyday. It's fun to read about what's going on. :) I really miss voting in the polls as well. I usually try to at least drop off my ballot instead of mailing it so it feels a little more like going out to vote.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home