Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Off to Columbus

My plane leaves in about an hour and a half. I'm abandoning my family and heading off to the big needlearts trade show until Sunday. Boy, am I conflicted! I'm looking forward to going, but the idea of hugging Bill and the kids and getting on that plane makes me want to crawl back into bed. Today is sort of a wasted day anyway - I'm going to end up traveling all day with a 3-1/2 hour (3-1/2 hour!) layover in Detroit, my all-time favorite airport. At least I'll have my knitting and no restless kids to try to entertain...

Yesterday, all of my procrastinating caught up with me. I had three sample socks to block and only one sock blocker willing to show itself to me. Fortunately, it was a nice hot, dry day so I rigged up a little air-drying situation on our back patio. Here's the Succulent sock drying out:



This was the last sock to dry. Its sisters, Lazy River and Walk in the Woods, relaxed on the sofa while waiting for it to finish up.



The socks turned out really nice in the Nature's Palette yarn, and they'll spend the next few days hanging in the Nature's Palette booth at TNNA. Yay! I'll be back in a couple days with a report from the front (assuming internet access at the hotel doesn't cost $5/minute).

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

I hate it when the travelling takes what seems like forever. It cuts into the fun time at your destination...

8:17 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I'm coming down early Sat morning (not much of a drive from Detroit). Speaking of which, it is my favorite airport too- I love that every time I have to fly I get to leave from and return to it! I'll keep my eyes peeled for you at the convention center- if you're at the fashion show Friday look for my lt blue ensemble from SWTC- it's supposed to be in the show.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home