Thursday, May 17, 2007

Say a little prayer

Two bloggerly friends are on my mind this week. First is Katrina, who is in Washington, DC for National Police Week, where her brother and his fellow fallen officers are being honored. Politics aside (since you all know how I feel about our current president), I think that it is right and good that President Bush will be attending and thanking family members personally. Please keep Katrina in your thoughts since this is bound to be a difficult time for her - hopefully this will help bring some comfort to her and her family.

The other is Amanda, who on Mother's Day became a mom to a lovely baby boy, Everett. Everett was born with a little fluid on his lungs (which possibly can be blamed on his planned c-section and lack of lung-squeezing labor, although I'm skeptical since of my two children, the one born with hours upon hours of labor was much worse-off breathing-wise than the one who had no labor), and has had to spend some time in the NICU. He's going to be just fine (since we won't have it any other way, will we?), but he and his family could use some good thoughts sent their way until he's out of the hospital and home with them.

And now I'm off to the Tigard Knitting Guild yarn garage sale. I'm bringing stuff to sell, but I'm leaving my checkbook at home so I can NOT buy anything. I had to comb through my stash to find my offerings, and BOY do I have a lot of yarn. Surprisingly, I've discovered that I have an unhealthy affinity for Cascade 220. I must have 30 skeins of the stuff. That's a lot of wool, there!

Last but not least, I have to send belated birthday props out to my girl Michelle at The Sweet Sheep. Go wish her well if you have a second! She's got yarn coming into the shop fast and furious, so you may want to check that out as well...

3 Comments:

Blogger Mommyleek said...

Both of them are very much in my thougths.

2:59 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

TAG! You're it. Visit my blog for the rules if you want to play.

1:56 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

You're so sweet. Thanks for drumming up the good wishes--they worked! :)

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home