Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I did it!

I finally managed to get the TKG newsletter out the door, and that allowed me to feel justified in messing around with my camera softward. What does this mean? I've got pictures!

First up are the chickies, which you need to go over to my Enviromom post to read all about (sorry, I love y'all and everything, but I'm not posting twice!).

Next, we have some garden pics, as promised. We've got seedlings in one bed that was planted a couple weeks ago. Here's our mesclun (fancy name for mixed salad greens):



And our little pea sproutlets (can you find them? They're pretty tiny!). I can't wait to have fresh peas!



Our strawberries are also going great guns - we've got a ton of flowers.



We're pretty much digging up our entire yard and slowly replanting it with what we want, which is a lot of work but very exciting. We're going to have a very edible yard, with fruit trees, blueberry bushes, raspberries, strawberries, asparagus, and random vegetables in the veggie beds. It will leave less time for knitting, though! For the first time in over a year, I'm feeling like I want to do less knitting and more stuff with the yard and the kids. Not sure what that's all about!

The family had a great time on Easter, although we had some serious sugar crashing/crabbiness in the evening. Any idea why?



Could it have anything to do with the gigantic chocolate bunnies? Or the ridiculous amount of candy they ate at my in-laws'? But how gorgeous does my little egg-hunting girl look in her Easter dress?



Here's her partner in crime, who was more interested in throwing the eggs than finding them...



Finally, I can't leave without wishing my baby boy a happy birthday! Owen is 2 today, can you believe it? He's such a big boy.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bitterknitter said...

Happy Birthday, Owen! So jealous of your veggies. We have a horrifying potato plant in the kitchen, thanks to the DH's continual "would this grow if I planted it?" curiosity!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Liz R. said...

OMG your kids are so gorgeous!!!

Sending a big happy birthday to Owen!!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Happy birthday to your boy! And where are the chick pictures? :)

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Owen! My, how you've grown!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Happy Birthday Owen!!!

6:00 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Happy Birthday to Owen! :)
(off to read about the chickies)

10:14 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

No I don't think is was all that candy and chocolate causing fussy kids. Of course I'm a gram so I also supplied chocolate on easter. lol.

Happy birthday Owen.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home