Friday, March 23, 2007

Ugh...

What a week I've had. I'm sick yet again. The kids have been sick all week (again). I've been working on the project from hell, which I just can't seem to get right no matter what I do - probably because it's on a ridiculously tight timeline and it seems like when I have to knit something really fast, it somehow knows and refuses to cooperate. I've been in tears several times this week, and I've thought about throwing in the towel on this whole design thing more than a little bit seriously... The good thing is that it made me reevaluate why I'm designing, and what I really want to focus on. I've decided to look on the bright side of this project I'm working on and hope that it will help me reach some of my business goals. I need to stop getting so overwhelmed and thinking that I have to do every single thing that finds its way to me...

We also had a hailstorm on Tuesday, the day my mother-in-law was going to come over and start helping me clear out the slope of our front yard and the strip between the sidewalk and the street. Can you see the hail pelting down on my poor flowers?



They were supposed to go in on Tuesday, but they're still sitting out there (half of them blown over). My goal now is to get them in before they're dead! I have killed more nursery plants out of sheer neglect than I care to think about...

The highlight of my week was this afternoon, when I finally managed to take 5 minutes to open the box that had arrived on my doorstep at the beginning of the week. Sad that it takes me so long to open yarn, huh? Look what was in it:



That's a whole box of Margene yarn, dyed by Mama-E (who just started dying lace yarn, which is as gorgeous as the rest of her stuff) and inspired by Margene over at Zeneedle. Isn't it purty? You can get it only from me, over at the shop. She also threw in a dozen Gardiner Yarn Work skeins, inspired by my retro website colors.



I pulled out this one poor little skein for pictures. Do you think the rest are feeling neglected, or are they happy to be covered with Margene?

I also got some happy news from my friend Brittney. She is a big American Idol fan and we have great fun discussing each week's episodes amidst the rest of our non-Idol-loving friends (they just roll their eyes at us). Well...she signed up on the waiting list to attend a taping about a year ago, and just got the call today that her number is up. She and her sister are dropping everything and flying down there on Monday night to try to get into the taping on Tuesday (she didn't actually get tickets - just vouchers allowing them to stand in line). I am going to be so excited watching next Tuesday, scanning the crowd for B! If she has as great a time as I think she will, I'm totally signing Bill and I up - maybe we'll get in sometime next season. Now we have to think up the perfect little blurb for her sign to hold up during our boy Blake's performance...any suggestions?

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I had forgotten to tell you that I received my new issue of Creative Knitting last week and the one design that really grabbed my attention was yours! Keep it up!

6:02 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

How cool to have your own blog yarn! :)

10:14 AM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I would think that probably because of the sickness that it is making a little more stress in your life than would be there otherwise...I do hope you all get better again quickly!

Love the colours of your blog yarn!

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well, I do hope both you and the kids get it all out of your system soon.
The yarns look marvelous, although I don't think I could wait a whole week to open a box, but then again if I knew it's contents already then it could very well happen in my world.
Wishing you some sunshine and flower planting time.

Your Secret Pal

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home