Monday, March 12, 2007

Ugh.

Just to give you some idea of how horrible this weekend was for me, I'll list all of the chemicals that were running through my bloodstream at one point yesterday in the off chance that some combination might give me a little bit of relief:

Homeopathic:
Oscillococcinum
Umcka Cold Care
Boiron Cold Calm
saline nasal spray

Hard stuff:
Advil
Robitussin
Sudafed
Afrin nasal spray

Come to think of it, five of those eight things are currently coursing through my system. I am feeling a tad bit better this morning (other than the fact that I nearly coughed up a lung when I first got up), but good grief! This is the worst cold I've had in a looooong time. I usually stay away from anything with pseudoephadrine in it (i.e. Sudafed) because it can keep me awake for days. I took it while pregnant with Owen and was up literally for over 48 hours straight. I didn't think I was ever going to sleep again. Fortunately, it isn't having that effect this time. I'm a little more hyper than usual, but I got a good six-seven hours of sleep last night.

Yesterday, in a sweaty, feverish state of hyperactivity, I took a bunch of photographs of some good new stuff that's going up in the shop, hopefully later today (if the small children cooperate). I also finally cast on for my Lacy Cabled Scoop and finished the ribbing and the first rep. I'll let you know when I get my pics posted on the KAL site. I'd like to say I'm making good progress on my poor Sockret Pal's socks, but Owen managed to break two of my size 2 dpns in a single day, so I've got to get to the store before I can get any further on those. I'm past the heel and heading down the foot, so I'm really hoping I can get them done by the end of the month.

While you're waiting anxiously for the unveiling of the fabulous new yarn that will be available from GYW, go cheer Katrina on in her Sock Madness quest. She's pretty confident she made it past the first round, but now the real fun begins. Go, Big K!

4 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, man! Hope you're going to kick that cold soon. Blech. :(

12:10 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I do hope you get over that nasty cold very soon! No fun being sick, that's for sure!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Definitely does not sound like fun. How do you manage to get stuff done and blog when you've got a bug like that? Hope you're feeling much better soon.

12:12 AM  
Blogger starrypurplehaze said...

halloooo. just wanted to make sure that you got your sp10 assignment. please email me back at sphostesscecily AT gmail DOT com.

thanks! :)

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home