Wednesday, March 07, 2007

SP10 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm a bit of a yarn snob - I love bamboo, merino and soft cotton. If it's at all scratchy, I don't want anything to do with it (I hate Lopi!).

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a great dpn case, but my circs are all tangled up in a shoebox. So pathetic, I know...

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting since age 10 - I learned on a pair of broken plastic needles with some nasty red acrylic yarn from my grandmother. I'd consider myself advanced and adventurous!

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do, but it's horribly outdated.

5. What's your favorite scent?
Vanilla, melon, cucumber, pumpkin pie spice.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I do, but I'm trying to lose a bunch of weight so super-tasty sugar-free treats are at the top of my list right now.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I'm really torn about learning to spin - I'd love to, but I don't need another bad habit! I love lots of different crafty type things, like needle felting, cross-stitch, and just about anything Martha.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Just about anything but country! I guess you'd call my taste "adult alternative".

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I honestly like almost any color as long as it's not something that everyone on the planet would think was ugly...

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married, 4-year-old daughter Sydney, almost 2-year-old son Owen, bad cat Kika.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to the first three (does anyone wear ponchos anymore?).

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, socks, socks with the occasional sweater or felted bag thrown in for variety.

13. What are you knitting right now?
My Sockret Pal socks and a scarf for the Classic Elite Fall '07 collection.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yesyesyes!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular Addis are tops with me, with my Knit Picks Options a close second. For my dpns, I prefer Crystal Palace bamboo. Not picky or anything, am I?

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yup!

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Just over a year.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
I love them all, but Christmas is tops in our house.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Simpsons memorabilia.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

The 3rd Vogue Stitchionary, and the new Yarn Harlot book!

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I know there are, but I can't think of anything specific at the moment.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Circ = 8", length = 9". The vast majority of standard sock patterns fit me.

23. When is your birthday?
8/11

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see this story about the glass-bottomed skywalk over the Grand Canyon? I thought about you immediately and how we would be fighting NOT to be in line to peek down 4000 feet.

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?pmmsid=1863814

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home