Friday, March 09, 2007

What the...

Sorry the blog has been quiet lately. Here's the reason:



Right now I'm trying a different tack - I'm sitting in the family room with my laptop. So far so good, other than a few attempts by the Boy to type with his fists (which just happen to be covered with bits of previously-chewed apple - yummy). It doesn't matter how content he appears to be, sitting on the couch watching Go, Diego, Go (his favorite show at the moment) - as soon as I sit down in my office and try to get something done, he trots in and starts screaming at me. It doesn't help that he's been sick this week and extra crabby. He just learned how to ask to nurse ("Mama! Ne-ne!"), so he spends plenty of time screaming at me for that. I'm ready to give him away to the next person who drives by... My mother-in-law is convinced that he's still going to be nursing when he goes off to college (and I'm not totally convinced that he's not).

I'm also trying to whip up a scarf (and in the process have decided I'm not a scarf knitter - too boring) and crank out a pair of socks for my Sockret Pal. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what I'm making her because I've accidentally outed myself and I can't be certain she's not reading this right now.

Okay, Owen is now trying to throw himself across my lap. Aaaaaarrrrrrgh! Oh, good - he's gone back to trying to destroy his trucks.

If a screaming, sick child isn't enough, I also had to put together the latest Tigard Knitting Guild newsletter last weekend, which always takes twice as long as I think it's going to. We're working on the next Shop Hop (which, if you're in the Portland area, is always a blast - stay tuned for details on sign-ups which will be opening on the 15th) and had to get the registration form hammered out over the course of three days. Yikes!

Then, in addition to all the design work that's piling up in my to-swatch queue, I've also got the Lacy Cabled Scoop KAL to try to get moving on. So far, I've got my yarn.



I am going to cast on as soon as I get this scarf done, I swear! It's such a great sweater, I can't wait to have one for myself. I know that sounds so incredibly egotistical, but I'd love it even if I hadn't designed it. So there!

Now I'm off to try to find a sink for our soon-to-be-remodeled kitchen and some asparagus for the garden. I'm also trying to get us ready for our chickens who will be joining us sometime in the next month or so. Organic, free-range eggs, here we come! Not to mention hours of chasing fun for the kids... I love chickens.

Last but not least, the winner of the Japanese Swag contest is Shelley! Let me know which yarn you'd like along with your address.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 4-year-old is still nursing, and the family is swearing that I'll be going to college with him. Hang in there!

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi-
I've been enjoying your blog. My in laws also thought my daughter would still be nursing when she left for college. Now they think she won't be toilet trained in time (she's 2 1/2).

12:57 PM  
Blogger mary said...

Can't wait to see your Lacy Scoop Neck get under way. I'm really looking forward to seeing it, because the modeled picture featured on the kal was a bit *underwhelming*. Sorry to tell you this, but enough so that I was uninspired and pushed this to the back of my queue. I know you design some awesome stuff, and it would be great if you could get this sweater marketed towards some of the younger knitters out there. Hope you don't mind the opinion. Thanks for listening.

1:53 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, I am SO GLAD I'm not the only one who accidentally outed herself to her secret pal. *whew*

5:32 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I have a 5-1/2 yr old, 9-1/2 yr old and 12 yr old twins... all for of them nursed until 4 or 5 (not as main meals after age 1 tho) and the older 3 are out of the family bed and the youngest is still not night trained.. one of the older 3 didn't night train until he was around 8, but he and the youngest were 100% day trained around 3...

That said, they grow up too fast: wasn't it just yesterday that I was walking around pg with twins & now they're a year away from being teenagers?

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home