Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Xmas!

Happy holidays to everyone, and for those who celebrate Christmas, I hope you had a good one - we sure did!

Stupidly, I forgot to take a single picture. I was too busy enjoying the moment! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. I have a few things I want to show you, but you'll have to wait for me to get off my sorry butt and take pictures of them. Somehow it's hard to get the motivation to do anything when it's dark before 5 pm and pouring rain outside.

One thing I can show you, however, is a nice little sweater that I designed last summer for Y2Knit. I have great memories of knitting this on our summer road trip (along with the socks I designed for Big Girl Knits 2). I finished it up at our cabin in Itasca State Park and I remember trying it on and totally being wowed by it. The sample I knit was a small (and I'm an XL-kinda girl), but it fit me. The cable pattern has a lot of the same properties of ribbing, and when paired with the stretchy Cascade 220 Superwash, it clung to all my curves and looked fantastic. I didn't want to take it off! Sadly, it lives with the Y2Knit ladies now, but if I ever find time to knit for myself, I'm going to make one. I know I would wear it all the time.

Anyway, the Wolcott sisters who are the brainpowers behind Y2Knit are doing a knit-along for the sweater in January. You can see some of the details here along with a pic of the sweater. But, let me tell you, the picture doesn't do it justice. You have to put that sucker on to really appreciate it. It is awesome! And I'm not just saying this because I designed it (does it sound like I'm a total narcisist?) - I'd love this sweater regardless. I will say that one of the great benefits of designing is that you can make things exactly how you like it. Some times it turns out better than others, and this is one of those times. Y2Knit is also offering a discount on some specially selected colors for the knit-along.

My peaceful babysitter time is about to come to an end, so I'm going to wrap this up before I have two kids clamoring for my attention. They are strangely obsessed with me! One of the benefits of being Mom, I guess. Have a happy and safe New Year if I don't get back here before then!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knittin' Mom,

Just a note to wish you a Happy New Year.

Vera, a neighbor from Washington.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Happy Holidays! I hope you find the time to knit something for yourself:)

7:47 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Man, that sweater is tempting! I almost never knit to a pattern, but you design some gorgeous stuff, kiddo! How do you think it would work in cotton?

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Happy New Year. I love the sweater, I think I will have to check back to the KAL, it looks like it would be a great Spring sweater.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home