Sunday, October 29, 2006

Socks.

Yup, today is all about the socks. For those of you who don't like socks, or for those who do but need a little laugh break, here is a little clip for anyone who has ever been a computer geek like I was in my former life (or for anyone who doesn't like Microsoft). Click here to see Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer get crazy. The first time I ever saw this, I was working as a software slave and I laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants. The people in adjoining cubes thought there was something really wrong with me (in addition to the regular stuff they already knew was wrong with me). I apologize to anyone who watches and doesn't get it - it's probably only funny to a small segment of the population. My husband thinks it's funny, and he's not a software geek (but then, he definitely is a geek in many other respects). But I digress...

Ginger made herself some Socks of Doom, which she is calling her "suicide socks" and knocked one item off her holiday gift list.

Katrina made her 2nd Socks of Doom. She's getting SAM2 credit for them since she had to reknit the entire pair (see her post for the full story). These are the socks on which she got advice from the venerable Nancy Bush.

Hanne made some Jaywalkers.

Here's a late udpate on Karen's Sugar-Free Socks, which raised $450 for her Diabetes walk and also kept her toes nice and comfy on the actual walk. So awesome!

Eva made two pairs this month, including her first patterned socks.

Emily's got two pairs of pink socks.

Soap Fiber Gal has some Regia Jacquard socks and is also selling copies of her new sock book, Friendly Sock Compilation II. Check her post for details.

Khris made a pretty little pair of footies and is looking for a good short-row-heel tutorial if anyone has one.

Teri's got some Broken Rib socks.

Zonda made some pink Fixation footies.

Lara made some Lobster Pot Socks, as a test knit for yours truly. They turned out really lovely!

Kristy made these Aran Braid socks, her first non-generic pair, out of some mystery stash yarn:



Esther finished some Crazy Stripes socks.

Karen made some lovely Lorna's Laces Watercolor socks.

ZhiWen made some gentleman socks and some socks for dad.

Ashely did some toe-up Pomatomuses.

And here's another pair of Pomatomuses from Crazy Knitting Lady.

Yvonne finished her Travelling Socks.

Stariel made some cute little baby socks.

And we have another pair of Jaywalkers, this time from Bettina:



Helga made a very colorful pair of Lobster Pot Socks.

Jessica finished some handspun socks which are now permanently on her feet as her new faves!

Paula whipped up some super-cool Halloween Socks.

Jamie squeeked in her October socks with this pair.

Tina knit up some Harebell Lace socks from Sensational Knitted Socks (do we love this book, or what?).

Tammy (who is still waiting patiently for her September prize yarn - I haven't forgotten, I swear!) finished up some Cascade Lace Wings Fixation socks.

Brenda is showing off some Angel's Rest socks and some Garter Rib Regia Bamboo socks.

Sarah made these lovelies from some merino-tencel yarn she picked up. Nice!

Lacey made some Baltic Sea socks.

Jenn, who has been very quiet so far this SAM2, finished two pairs this week!.

Anastacia has finished 17 pairs this month! 17 pairs! Wow.

Tanya has three pairs for the month, but I can only show you these two since the third picture she sent me was of a scarf and not socks! It was a very pretty scarf, though...





Ragan whipped up some funky little footies.

Nicki finished a pair of Gentleman's Fancy Socks.

And Pat has our final pair, some Austermann Step socks for her hubby to wear while he's coaching ice hockey. Sweet!

That's all for now, folks! Happy knitting!

9 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

This is why I buy Apple computers :)

8:45 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

What an inspiring selection of socks! Thanks for the collection!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Oops, they were cute blue baby socks... curious to know what scarf pic I sent...

2:04 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

wow...that's a lot of socks!

oh, and i did make a pair for october...

you can find them here

thanks!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Ragan said...

Wow! Socks galore! Heh heh. You know part of blogger's problem lately (hmm...did I say that right...latest problem is better maybe) is connected to an internet explorer version 7 update??? Yup...microsoft. Anyhow, thank you for the post with all of the great links to everyone's socks!

5:53 PM  
Blogger jennie said...

Beautiful socks... So many patterns, not enough time.

Just under the wire (again!), my october socks!

They can be found here

6:50 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

I love looking at the socks. Thanks for all your hard work:D

Come on over and check out my last pair of socks for October - I named them the Socks from Hell!

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK - that's a LOT of socks! So now I get what you do with all your "free" time! :O)
-your SP9

12:44 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I did finish a pair of socks for Oct. also, I just didn't get a chance to post it until after you did your Sun. sock update.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home