Monday, November 06, 2006

Calling all conservatives!

I am trying to get a few more conservative knitters to join in the discussion over at I'm a Knitter and I Vote. So far, most of the posts are left-leaning apart from Ang, our lone conservative voice (at last, she's the only one who's willing to admit it!). I know there are a few of you who read my blog despite the fact that I'm a crazy Democrat, so if you'd be willing to share your views in a respectful manner, please join us! I don't want the discussion to be too one-sided.

If there are any third-party folks out there, I'd love to get some of you involved as well. Let's show the world how incredibly cool knitters are, and that we can get along even if we totally disagree with each other!

In other news, Portland had a little earthquake around 9:30 last night. I was sitting on the couch when it felt like a train was going by. I lived a half block from the train tracks growing up, but there aren't any tracks anywhere near us now. I was like, "was that an earthquake?" I was pretty sure it was, but didn't know for sure until I heard it confirmed on the news. I love it when the earth moves (as long as it doesn't move TOO much). I can't help it - it's the geologist in me.

Last but not least, I've got a new pattern up! I rewrote the Winter Branches sweater that was in last February's Knit Net and now it's available for your knitting pleasure.



Click on the pic for more info on the pattern. I am currently working on grading it up to size 5X for you fluffy knitters - I'll let you know when the plus-size version is available.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is absolutely lovely!

2:35 PM  
Blogger jillian said...

Wow - an earthquake! I know what you mean about liking the shaking - as long as it isn't devestating.

3:11 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Seriously? I didn't even notice the shaking. *pouts*

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home