Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sockret Pal Questionaire

The basics:
How long have you been knitting?
Off and on since I was 10, seriously for the last 18 months or so.
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep?
The latter - I'm pretty comfortable knitting socks!

The measurements:
While your pal may ask for some additional info to ensure a great fit, please provide your shoe size, or any other fitting related info you think is pertinent.
Size 8 shoe, circ = 8", length = 9"

(fiber related) Favorites:
What colors do you love?
All of them! Seriously, when it comes to sock yarn, I have trouble finding a colorway I don't like.
Do you prefer solids or variegated?
Both!
What fibers do you most love to knit with?
Natural fibers - soft wool, cashmere, alpaca, angora, mohair, silk, bamboo, cotton...
Who do you consider your favorite yarn vendors?
Blue Moon Fiber Arts (of course!), Lorna's Laces, Louet Sales, Rowan, Cascade, Debbie Bliss (just to name a few...)
What projects (other than socks, of course*S*) do you most enjoy knitting?
I love quick projects like dishcloths, toys and felted things. Most of what I design seems to be sweaters, so I'm not as likely to knit one of those for fun because they take too darn long.

(fiber related) Dislikes:
What fibers can you not stand to knit with? To wear?
Acrylic! Although I do like soft, quality synthetics. I also hate scratchy wool (can't stand Lopi).
What colors would you never wear?
On my feet I'll wear anything. On my other parts, I'm not a big fan of lemon yellow or 80s-ish pastels. I tend to gravitate towards purples, blues, greens and dusty pinks. Earth tones are my friends.

The Tools:
Plastic or Metal? Bamboo or wood?
I'm all about my Knit Picks Options needles right now and of course I love my Addis. Don't really like cheap aluminum or soft bamboo.
Circs or Straights?
Circs!
DPNs or Magic Loop?
I swing both ways (and do socks on 2 circs as well), depending on the project.
Are there any knitting accessories you don't have in your collection but would like?
I would love a circular needle organizer, and I'd love one of those little sock wrist bags that allow you to take your socks anywhere.

The Extras:
Do you have a wish list? If so, please share the link!
I do, but it's horribly out of date. The books I'm really jonesing for right now are Vicki Howell's New Knits on the Block and the 3rd Vogue Stitchionary (whenever it's released).
Do you like sweet, sour or salty? (or all of the above? *S*)
All of them, depending on my mood (and the time of the month)!
Do you have any allergies your pal should know about? (Certain foods, smoke, pet hair, etc)
Don't have any allergies, but can't stand smoky yarn.
Favorite scents? Scents you can't stand?
I love clean scents - melon, vanilla, green tea. Don't like anything that smells like a grandmother (except when it's worn by a grandmother).
Do you collect anything (other than yarn and knitting toys of course)?
Simpsons chotchkes!
When is your birthday? (month and day is fine!)
8/11
Do you spin? Dye your own yarn?
Nope! Who has time?
Your favorite author/band/vacation spot, anything you think will help your pal know you better...
Oh, gosh - read my 100 things if you want to know more about me than you ever wanted to. But now the kids are destroying the house and I've got to run!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ragan said...

WOW!
That was a lot. I am sure that the kids did a fine job of destroying the house. Mine always do that when I am trying to post. I finally finished another pair of socks. Phew! I am a tad behind on the knitting lately!

3:05 AM  
Blogger Ana Petrova said...

Wow is right, that was a lot of information about you. Kind of interesting to read, blogging is a lot of fun both reading them and posting them.

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of good info. Many ideas swirling in my brain right now! Can't wait to get started on the package for you! -Your Sockret Pal :-)

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home