Thursday, June 22, 2006

Wontcha let me take ya on a...

You guessed it! Sea cruise! We are officially on board. Now I just have to twiddle my thumbs, waiting for April to get here... I've been pestering poor Mama-E, asking her if I can teach a class on-board or design some socks for the cruise, but of course she has all that stuff already taken care of (she just announced that Amie of 2000 Socks in 2006 is one of the teachers/designers, and she's got one more up her sleeve). So I might just have to sit back, relax, and knit! Poor me.

This morning, however, I'm going on a very different kind of adventure. Sydney has been potty trained now for about a year, but night times are still only about 70% dry. We've been using Pull-Ups, but they're not always 100% effective against the onslaught and I'm getting tired of the huge pile of garbage they create when using them every night. So I am heading to a friend's house to borrow some nighttime training pants that she had good luck with, and then to a cloth diapering store that's around the corner from her to pick up a couple other options.

Then, it's back to the knitting. Project monogamy continues. I don't even have a single pair of socks on the needles right now. What is up with that?

7 Comments:

Blogger jillian said...

No Socks???? What's the world coming to?

It's nice that you have the wnderful cruise to look forward to and no work related to it!!

9:29 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Sheryl, the other half of Yarntopia, is going. She can't wait!

Amy

2:56 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I wish I could go... Boo! Have a good time for me too.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

See ya on the boat!

9:07 AM  
Blogger wendy said...

Hey...check out this site http://www.littleturtleknits.com/pages/diaperingpatterns.php for your wee one. I bet you could whip up one of these pretty quick.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

We just stopped the overnight pull-ups about a month ago and went straight to underwear. That way, if he had an accident he would know it. The diapers are made so well I don't think they even feel when the go, ya know? It really worked for us to just go cold turkey and we've only had 3 accidents in the past 1-2 months. I think he was the one that decided he didn't need them anymore and he was also about 70% dry in the diapers. They grow up so fast!!!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I will see you there....I am seasockin it too! Can't wait!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home