Test knitters needed!
1. I will post a new pattern to the group, and if you're interested, you grab it and knit it up. You can use any yarn you want, as long as you can get gauge. Just let me know what you used.
2. As you're knitting, you take notes as to any errors, unclear things, etc.
3. When you're done, you send me your notes along with photos of the completed item.
4. In exchange for your work, I will give you an acknowledgement in the pattern and a free copy of the final pattern either via .pdf or printed on nice paper in a sheet cover (your choice).
5. When the pattern goes live, I will put everyone who has test knit the pattern for me into a drawing for a cash prize (value to be determined based on the pattern complexity) and maybe even an occasional goodie from my stash.
6. When my line starts making some money, I hope to be able to pay all test knitters, so doing a good job will possibly get you on the payroll!
This setup is sort of modeled after what Stefanie Japel (Glampyre) does with her design incubator. I need knitters of all levels and abilities - the only requirement is that you can knit from a pattern and tell me when you find something that doesn't make sense to you. Very easy!
Let me know if you're interested, and I'll send you an invitation to my test knitter group. Please e-mail me at sevenby30 at hotmail dot com instead of leaving a comment (since the way Blogger does comments makes it VERY hard if not impossible to get to your e-mail addy sometimes). Include your blog address (if you have one), how long you've been knitting, your ability level and why you're interested in knitting for me (not meant to be hard - I'm just curious!). Also, what kind of patterns you are most interested in testing.