Tuesday, March 14, 2006

It's up! It's finally up!

The February issue of Knit Net is finally up. Thanks to those of you who've already seen it and made such nice comments. I was really happy with how it turned out, but I'm biased so it's always nice to hear others' opinions!

A cool coincidence - the designer profile in this issue of Knit Net features Jill & Susan Wolcott from Y2Knit. As in the Y2Knit that's publishing my patterns soon! Jill and I made up an agreement for the first design last night, and she's going to display the sample in their booth at TNNA in June. For those of you who don't know what TNNA is, it's the big needlecraft trade show and is where tons of shops go to pick out yarn, patterns, etc. that they're going to stock in their stores. So it will be great exposure for me. I'm starting to feel like a real designer!

No knitting today, though. I pushed myself a little too hard last night at knitting group (and while watching Boomerang afterwards - Bill's choice, not mine!), and then slept on my left arm funny. When Owen woke me up at 4 am, my entire arm was aching. It's feeling much better now, but I think it needs a little break from the needles. We'll see if I can go an entire day without knitting anything... I'm already thinking "it's not THAT bad..." Maybe a swatch with fat yarn on big needles?

The socks keep coming, fast and furious...

Shelley finished some adorable little boy socks for her M.

Joanna finished some adorable pink frilly socks for her M.

Carol finished her first (and last) pair of toe-up socks.

Virtuella finished a giant pair of fluted bannister socks (with tiny February socks thrown in for scale) for her M.

Elizabeth finished a pair of ribbed Bearfoot socks of her own design, and has the pattern up on her blog.

Siri has been knitting green socks to get her M and her second brownie point.

Adrienne knit these funky Opal socks for another brownie point:



We have another sock pattern quest - this one from Tammy. She's looking for a free online pattern for Trekking XXL yarn and size 1 dpns. She wants a "fairly simple pattern, with some interesting detail." If anyone has any ideas, please leave a comment on her blog. Thanks!

Sock on, everyone!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Congratulations! I'm sure the design is beautiful. I'm not a subscriber, so I can't take a peek. You are to be congratulated!

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting another design shown at the upcoming TNNA!

Your sweater is lovely!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Wow, I really like your sweater! Congratulations.

3:36 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Congratulations on your design! I imagine it's so neat to see it in "print", finally! And showing at TNNA sound like a really big deal--hooray! :)

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home