Thursday, February 09, 2006

I should really be knitting...

But I have socks to report on! And other stuff, since it seems I can't stop at just sock updates...

Stariel finished a pair of Whitbys from Knitting On The Road. I love this pattern so much! She is a sockapaltwoza sock savior, so she's sending these off to somebody very lucky.

Check out Carry's awesome camo-colored Jaywalkers. What is that yarn? I am in love with it!!!

Jenn finished up a lovely pink pair of Koigu Jaywalkers.

All right, is this the Jaywalker knit-along, or what? You people are obsessed!

I am still waffling as to whether or not I'm going to try to do the Knitting Olympics. I really, really, really want to, especially since it has become such a big thing (check out this article, which was the front page of the Oregonian's Living section yesterday...). I think I'm going to cast on tomorrow night and see how quickly it knits up. I know that it's supposed to be a challenge to finish it in 16 days, but with all my other knitting, not to mention my two night classes, I think it will be even if it knits up fast. I guess I could change my entry to be the Knitter's sample, but that's not much fun since I can't post any progress pics. Sigh.

I had my second Fashion Illustration class last night. We rounded out our croquis and made another one that was 8-heads tall (as opposed to the freakishly long-legged 9-head croquis I showed you last week). We also sketched fashion faces. It's so cool to be able to draw by formula. It makes my drawings look a lot less freakish.


The one on the left has the weird face showing through because that's what's on the next page and the paper is kinda thin. The left one is the 8-head croquis and the right is the 9-head.


These are the "fashion faces". Again, the guy is showing through the drawing of the woman, so you'll have to try to ignore the weird ghostly face there. They're kinda cheesy, but at least they don't look too deformed. When I was drawing the guy, I felt like one of those police sketchers who draw the pictures of the suspects... Doesn't that guy look kinda like a car thief or purse snatcher? Bill will appreciate that "soap actor chin".

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Hmm, I love it. Drawing by formula? I didn't think that was possible, but wow, your sketches turned out nice! If only I could figure that one out then my sketches might not look so alien.

Thanks for the link to the Oregon Live article. Didn't think the Knitting Olympics would make it into mainstream consciousness, but there you go.

1:15 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

What a GREAT article! Thanks for linking to it. Now I feel like I should run around town all day and register at yarn stores for prizes! But then I remember I'm knitting Kepler and the likelihood of my finishing is slim. Hey, at least I'll be 16 days ahead of where I am now! :)

1:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the drawings...the chin is dreamy!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

I finished my February socks!

Every time I think of soap opera stars it reminds me of that commercial where there is a strong-jawed guy in this lady's house and she really wanted "soup from the store" not a "soap opera star".

I'm really impressed with your drawings.

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you taking your Fashion Illustration class? I'd love to learn to draw as well:)
PS. Do you know any knitting groups in SW Portland? I just moved and a trip to SE or NE after work is something I'm not even considering.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home