Friday, February 03, 2006

And the winner is...

Jaya! Congrats! E-mail me to claim your prize. We had a whopping 54 pairs of January socks completed (not counting all the brownie point socks). Wow! And this was before the knit-along even "officially" started! You guys are awesome.

The February socks are starting to flood in already (don't tell me - you were saving them until the 1st so you could get an F instead of a * - I understand). Without further ado...

Ragan finished some February socks for her little guy. And she claims that Airborne really works (I am going to have to try that stuff!).

Jessica finished some February Jaywalkers in gorgeous Lorna's Laces Irving Park.

Beth finished some awesome Braided Toe Holders (is that not the best name ever?) for her F.

Mary Beth knit up some funky Kroy socks for her daughter.

Again, please let me know if I've missed you. I can't stress that enough!

I also want to thank, thank, thank everyone for your wonderful compliments on Ziggy and your nice comments on my Knitty rejection. You guys totally cheered me up. Bill had to remind me about how many designs I have had accepted lately. And I need to remember that I've only been designing a short time, and I will get better at it. I think that, if I have time, I will be working up my idea for the summer Knitty because I think it is awesome. Another thing that might be a factor is my photo quality. I had such a short time between finishing the design and having to send it in that I had to shoot in the house on a cloudy day. So I'll just tell myself that my pics weren't up to par. Hee hee!

I submitted the rejected design to Spun, and if they don't want it, I'm going to put it up as a free pattern here. So stay tuned!

I want to let you all know how much each and every comment means to me. I know I'm terrible about responding (I would love to read each and every blog of every commenter), and I hope that I'm able to do better in the future, but my son is screaming in his high chair as I type and I feel bad enough about neglecting him (and the girl) for the amount of time that I already do! So please understand that I love and appreciate every comment I get, and I visit your blogs when I can and comment when I have the energy (which isn't too often lately). I love you all!

Knittin' Mom, out!

(For those of you who don't watch American Idol, that tagline is what Ryan Seacrest says at the end of each episode - "Seacrest, out!". Bill is convinced that one of these days Ryan is going to come out of the closet and that tagline will have a whole new meaning!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Bitterknitter said...

It probably was the photos. Cloudy days just stink for that! I still can't believe you got a submission together that fast! I'm thinking about submitting for the summer issue, but that April deadline seems to be barreling at me, leaving me like a deer in headlights!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

Bill is HILARIOUS! haha.
You, my friend, are awesome. You're hosting a KAL, designing, taking classes, AND a mommy?! jeez! you're right up there with super mom Chris! :)
oh yeah, i just remembered! did you want me to send you my donation yarn now or before thing with the big prize basket at the end? lemme know :)
are the babies still sick or is the screaming just to get your attention?
take care!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

I just finished my Feb. socks! Come on over, and check them out.

6:15 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Bill is too funny!! That'd give it a whole new spin, indeed! ;-) Congrats to Jaya! How awesome for her. Thanks so much for all your hard work hostessing this KAL, Chrissy! It's great seeing everyone's socks and finding new sock-spiration. ;-) We love ya, too, woman! Take care and have a great weekend! :-)

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home