Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Updates and a meme

But first, I have to say that three hours never flew by so fast. My favorite part? Taking a long shower without anyone trying to break down the door.

Now, we have a few sockers who have been busy little beavers!

Lolly finished some Fixation socks in early January. Yes, you all can get credit for socks you finished before the knit-along started or before you signed up, as long as they came off the needles on or after January 1. Scroll down a little further in her post, and you find a lovely picture of two mules! Socks and mules? How can you beat that?

Chris finally finished her padded footlets. If you read her blog, you'll know that these have been hanging around for months! Perhaps the knit-along finally gave her that needed kick in the pants to finish the second sock? And she tried to be all stealthy and get her "J" without getting any knit-along love. Sorry, girlfriend, but it doesn't work that way! If you haven't discovered Chris's blog yet, go check it out. She is one of my absolute favorites!

And Laura finished a gorgeous pair of Rib & Cable socks in a lovely blue colorway. Gorgeous!

Just to let you all know, I try to get things updated within 24 hours of when I get them. So if a couple days pass, and you don't see your update, please let me know. I don't want anything to get lost in the shuffle, and I am a harried, sleep-deprived and forgetful mom of two kids under three! I won't be at all annoyed if you pester me to get your updates up!

Amy over at Frottez! tagged me with a meme! Yay! I've seen all these memes flying around but haven't been getting tagged. I was starting to feel like the kid who gets picked last for kickball!

4 jobs you have had:
Tastefully Simple Consultant
Software Designer
Geology research assistant
Dairy Queen slave!

4 movies you could watch over and over:
Office Space
Best In Show/A Mighty Wind/Waiting For Guffman
Groundhog Day
Bring It On (yes, I know...)

4 TV shows you love to watch:
The Simpsons
Grey's Anatomy
American Idol
The Apprentice

4 places you have been on vacation
Hawaii
China
Paris
Africa

4 websites you visit daily
Bloglines
Yahoo Groups
Knitty Coffeeshop
Hotmail

4 of your favorite foods
Pizza
Entenmann's donuts
pancakes
fresh spumoni ice cream from the italian restaurant down the street

4 places you would rather be right now
asleep
Hawaii w/ my husband and no kids
healthy (I know, it's not a place, but I still want to be there!)
Mom's house

4 bloggers you are tagging
Sharon
Joanne
Erica
The Other Erica

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

7 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Uh-oh, uh-oh, sorry, those weren't the padded footlets! Just regular 'ole toe-up footlets, nothing special, no-legs, no-pattern, no-nothing but-I-love -em footlets. Which is why I wanted to fly under the radar with them. :-P I actually finished the padded ones last month (only took me about 6 mos! ;-))and finally gave them to my friend for Christmas. You're so sweet, but I'm afraid these "socks" don't deserve very much credit at all. BTW, fresh spumoni ice cream sounds unbelievable- especially when it's right down the street! (*and* you've got that awesome Ristretto's on your street, too?!) Hope you're feeling better and thanks for all the updates...take care! :-)

10:39 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Office Space is a classic.

Amy

10:49 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your quiet time yesterday!!! And I must say, you are doing an awesome job on the daily sock updates . . . it must take a huge chunk out of you blogging time. You know, I always feel guilty tagging people with memes - like I'm sending a chain letter or something. Now that I see your enthusiasm, I'll tag you next time for sure!!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Bitterknitter said...

Three hours to yourself? Oh, I am so so sohoooo jealous! Hope you're on your way to healthy!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Sharon P said...

I have meme'd!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Just found out about this KAL. Can I still join? I just finished my first pair of Jaywalker socks.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I also just found out about this knitalong and would love to join in on the fun. Although I have already finished up two pairs of socks that were started in December, I am currently working on the first sock of my pair that I would count for January. I hope it's not too late to join! Thanks!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home