Monday, January 16, 2006

I joined the club...


Yup, I'm a follower. Here is a pic of the Jaywalkers. This is just such a nice pattern for the variegated yarn, and it's a relatively mindless repeat. It's so nice to be knitting for myself!

Helene finished her January Socks - do they look comfy cozy or what?

And check out a new knit-alonger, Lucia, who not only has already completed her January socks but has written a great calculator for making your own pattern for toe-up socks. Awesome!

Dene finished a pair of socks of her own design for her son-in-law and started some Jaywalkers. We'll see if she can wait until February to finish them!

And here is a VERY exciting announcement regarding the knit-along... You now have EXTRA incentive to finish your socks each month, because each month everyone who has finished socks that month will be entered into a drawing for sock yarn! How does that grab ya? I've decided to skip the Knitty SP6 so that I can give you guys more fabulous prizes. For January, the prize will be two balls of Knit Picks Parade in the Checkers colorway. So get those socks knitted, y'all!

I am still deciding on the final prize, but I promise it will be spectacular. Also, if anyone has any sock stash that they'd like to donate to the cause, please let me know. I would love to give away as many prizes as possible since we have so many sock-a-monthers!

Bill and I thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon date yesterday. We crawled into bed with a big bucket of Double Stuff Oreos between us (and without any kids jumping on us), put in Creepshow on DVD (Bill's family has a weird Christmas tradition involving Creepshow which hasn't been happening lately because of the kids), and relaxed. I knitted, and Bill ended up taking a two hour nap. It was so nice! We really need to do that more often. It was great to be able to watch a non-G-rated movie with the sound on and not worry about scarring the kids for life.

Keep those sock updates coming!

11 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm working on Jaywalkers now too. Call me a lemming! The colors in yours are pretty.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

I've got some yummy yarn for a prize. E-mail me. I'm starting a pair of socks for my hubby this week. Probably this Friday. I'll use a pattern from KOTR...

3:15 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

I just jumped on the Jaywalker bandwagon last night. Glad you and Bill had a good kidless afternoon. It's always a party with Oreos.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Oh I love the color you are using for your Jaywalkers. I think the pattern looks better in lighter colors. :)

4:14 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Your date sounded like the perfect quiet afternoon. It's so nice when those come along!! I'm so proud that your KAL has taken off so spectacularly!!! I may try Jaywalker too - maybe toward the middle of the KAL when I start to feel like I have more experience. I've heard the pattern works great with Lorna's Laces, which I seem to be amassing quite a bit of!!

4:44 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

I printed off the Jaywalker pattern today and will soon be following along as well! Also printed off Pomatomus and Thuja as well. Not sure about those yet, but Jay is for sure!

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to sign up for the knit-along! Like I needed another reason to knit socks. :)

10:20 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I wish I had time to do a KAL. Maybe after the shop opens....eh, probably not. I'll live through y'all.

Amy

5:04 AM  
Blogger Ragan said...

Hi! I emailed an update to you! I also finished my January socks! YIPEE!!! I have already started on two other pairs...and finished another one this weekend. I will email those pictures over to you.
AND...everyone's socks look great...I too printed off the Jaywalker pattern. :)

5:33 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Yay! Extra incentives! I love it! Gotta go finish DF's jaywalkers...

12:55 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

my jaywalkers don't like me. grr...so maybe if i donate yarn they'll be nicer? i'll have to do a stash dive to figure out what i'll be putting up, but i'm willing to donate something. ;) let me know if i have to mail it to you or if you'd like me to mail it to the winner directly :)
lovely colors on the sock in progress, btw.
and "a big bucket of double stuff oreos?!" you don't fool around when it comes to quality time :) hehehe...good for you and Bill.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home