Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Yet more socks!

We have a few more pairs of socks to show off. First, check out Amanda's awesome crocheted socks here.

And Sara has been busy - she's got some Holiday Detour Socks (love those knee-highs!) and a pair of very funky Toasty Toes socks.

Great socking, guys!

Also, just a note about the credits you're getting in the sidebar. I'm just going to put the month that you've completed down (instead of counting pairs, since some of you (see above) are knitting multiple pairs per month and I don't want it to look like you're doing less than you are!). Sadly, you'll only get credit for one pair each month, but feel free to send in as many as you want for us all to oooh and aaah over.

I have some pictures to post, but the kids are being EXTREMELY difficult and won't let me take enough time to actually download them off the camera and upload them into Blogger. Maybe if Blogger was a little faster... Just to let you know what I'm up against, I started this post at about 9 am this morning and it's 2 pm right now... The boy is starting to get cranky again, and Sydney wants her Play-Doh flattened out for the gazillionth time today. No, wait, she's yelling that she wants it made into a ball, and she can't do it herself. Now she's screaming. Now Owen is screaming, too. What fun. Am I a terrible mother for just ignoring them? Don't answer that...

6 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

I sure do hear you!! Girl, add me to the list of terrible moms, because Bossy is screaming something about the soybutter not tasting right and Stinky is screaming for Bossy to get out of the room so she can poop. Okay, she's not exactly saying that much, but hearing, "POOP! OUT! OUT!!" I pretty much deduced the situation. Meanwhile, I'm holed up at the desk, hazelnut coffee in tow and VERY immune to all the clammering. ;-) Thanks for organizing and hostessing such a fun KAL...weren't you just saying how you were looking for something to add to the list of a million and one things you already have to do? ;-) Hee! Take care, Chrissy! :-)

2:25 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

you ever try entrelac? i saw it on sknitty's blog because she's making lady eleanor from the scarf style book. in a previous post, i tried to do entrelac with my no no kitty yarn. the result was quite nice...except i screwed up on one of the base triangles you make in the beginning and that totally got me confused when i had to do the first tier.
my issues with the no no kitty yarn is that i kept trying to make something and ended up having to frog it. very frustrating! i was going to attempt entrelac again with the no no kitty yarn last night, but my rowan plaid came in. so now it's sitting, waiting, wishing i'd hurry up with the sweater so i can go back to the entrelac!
i like entrelac. it's very fun! and if you have that scarf style book, you might want to try that technique. there's a pattern on the most recent issue of knitty with entrelac, but it involves (eek!) cutting the yarn, which inevitably results in LOTS of ends to weave in. yikes!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

On the contrary, you are an excellent mother for ignoring them. They are learning independence and problem solving skills! :)

8:15 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh my, well, here's hoping for a quieter day today (I'm a little behind on my blog reading, so it's Thursday morning). I'm with Laura - independence and problem-solving. Hang in there!!!

4:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

NOPE!! You are a great mom...and sometimes it's OK if they work it out themselves. It's how they learn things.

Plus, your sanity is important too.

Hope things calm down.

(And just so you know, girl number two is crying that her "hair hurts 'cause sissy is looking at me". I am tuning it out, since I don't think I can fix hurt hair)

6:24 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Sometimes I think a little selective ignoring is a good thing. It makes the kids figure some things out on their own.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home