Friday, January 13, 2006

Ouch!

After a day-and-a-half of excruciating ear pain, I went to the doctor yesterday to find out I have a blazin' ear infection in my right ear and my left isn't far behind. Apparently ear infections are contagious - who knew? I haven't had one since I was a kid, but let me tell you, I have a lot more sympathy for Owen and his poor little ears now! It hurts, like someone is taking a giant drill to my eardrum! My ears are also totally plugged up, so I can barely hear anything (although the kids' piercing screams still make it through). One more joy of parenthood - my first ear infection in 25 years!

The only good thing to come out of my illness was the fact that my body finally gave in to sleep. It was exhausted enough fighting off the nasty ear bugs that I was able to sleep around the clock last night. Ah!!!

In sock news, our knit-alonger from Norway, Helene, has her January socks almost finished. She used yarn she dyed herself with Kool-Aid - too cool. Go check them out!

In other news, the winter season of cheesy reality TV is really starting to kick off. I am so excited! First off, Skating With Celebrities. I mean, come on! Nancy Kerrigan and Dave Coulier (of Full House fame)? Kurt Browning and Debbie Gibson? I can't wait! Then, American Idol, always a favorite, kicks off next week. Bill and I are unashamed, unabashed fans and will admit to owning CDs by both Kelly Clarkson and Bo Bice (who was SO robbed last year...). Finally, the season premiere of The Bachelor: Paris was on last Monday. Oooh, he's an ER doc, girls! You should've seen the drool-soaked chins when the ladies found that out. Personally, I couldn't think of any career I'd want my husband to have less (except perhaps coal miner or airline pilot). Bill's at work way too much already, in my opinion, and he only has to be there during the day, during the week! Regardless, I can't wait for next week's episode. Hooray for bad television!

6 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Ouch! I hope you are on the mends ASAP.

Amy

10:58 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Yikes! I can't believe you caught an ear infection from Owen! I never knew that was possible. Sending you lots of good thoughts and vibes for a speedy recovery. That must be so painful- I feel so bad for you. You have to get better soon....so you can hear all the great reality TV!! ;-) American Idol- woohoo!! And I actually hadn't heard of Skating with Celebrities till I read your post, but I think that's gonna be a must-see, too. Take care and get well soon...tivo's going to be busy! :-)

12:14 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Yeowtch! I had no idea ear infections were contagious--and I certainly wouldn't expect to get one as an adult.
The knitalong is off to a great start--and with all the tv time you've got coming up, I expect you'll get some good knitting time in there, too!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh gosh, your ear infection sounds so painful. And the other ear is catching it too? Ouch. I'll send you healing thoughs and energies. I have been counting the days until Skating with Celebrities - being the huge skating fan I am. Have you been watching any of Nationals? ESPN2 started broadcasting them last night. Can't wait to see who's going to the Olympics.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

I hope you feel better soon! I've never had one and am keeping my fingers crossed that I wont.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better soon! I had my first infection a few years ago, and it was a surprise! I know how badly it hurts.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home