Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Happy Happy Joy Joy

I heard from Knit Net this morning! They still want my sweater for the Feb. issue. I'm assuming it won't come out Feb. 1, but this is good news! I hauled butt to the post office this morning to mail it off AGAIN, and this time I will be tracking it VERY carefully. Yay! All my paranoia was for nothing.

Here are your sock updates for today:

Jessica finished some Jaywalkers in a lovely shade of Lorna's Laces (how's that for alliteration?).

Erica has some rockin' cable brownie-points socks. And check out her new Yarn P*rn Monday thing (what would this be - a yarn-p*rn-along?). Too cool! Go join up, you stash-aholics (Jill & Jillian, this means you).

Manda finished some House Socks for her lucky mom.

Lisa posted a pattern for the adorable toddler socks she got her brownie points for the other day. I can't wait to make a pair for Sydney!

I have to say, I've been stumped by why so many knitters have issues with the Jaywalker pattern. It seems so straightforward to me! But I have found out that the sizing is a trick and a half. This stitch pattern is not at all stretchy, so when I did the cuff, it seemed like it might be a little bit big. I decided to keep going, though, and I'm glad I did. I've now got the heel gusset done, and when I try them on, the cuff barely fits over my heel. But it does fit!


I'm just glad I didn't try to get the cuff any tighter! It's such a bummer (esp. when you're knitting both socks at once) when your socks won't fit over your heel...

Well, Blogger is about to go down, so I'm going to wrap this up. Sock on, everyone!

10 Comments:

Blogger Knittypants said...

WooHoo! Congratulations on your KnitNet sweater! I am glad that worked out for you.

4:56 PM  
Blogger chris said...

I'm so glad that everything worked out with Knit Net (okay, gotta switch modes from hating them to loving them again ;-))- Congratulations, Chrissy!! That's such great news! And you crack me up, calling out other stash-aholics, Miss 200+-virgin-skeins! ;-) Thanks for the tip on the Jaywalker sizing...I want to make them eventually, but I've been reading a lot about angst and frogging with the pattern. Thanks, again, for all the sock updates...take care! :-)

5:08 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

Good thing you mentioned the Jaywalker cuff thing. I have the pattern printed off and some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock to make a pair, but I haven't started them yet. Will have to keep that in mind. I finished another pair of socks for me last night and have them posted on my blog. These ones were a cheat, though. I made one back in the fall and had to set it aside to concentrate on knitting Christmas gifts! Congrats on the Knit Net thing!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Congratulations on the KnitNet sweater! That is great news. And I'm glad you mentioned the Jaywalker cuff thing too. I haven't got much beyond the cuff, but I was thinking it seemed kinda big. Now I can proceed without worrying about it.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Congrats on the sweater! That is great news.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

So great that the whole KnitNet thing was just a misunderstanding. I'll be wishing safe journeys for your little package this time!!! I'm really enjoying all the great sock updates every day - I know it's a lot of work, so I figured you'd be happy to hear how much we love and appreciate it. Those Jaywalkers are looking so pretty - I'm planning to try them some day, so any relections you have are sure fun. I think I'm gonna have to join Flash Your Stash too - sounds like fun!!

5:09 AM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Congratulations. What a thrill!
I'm enjoying th sock updates, too!

7:34 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Congrats!

We are planning to go to TNNA in June. It will be in Indianapolis. Hope to see you there!

Amy

12:13 PM  
Blogger Bitterknitter said...

So glad it all worked out! Congratulations!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Congrats on the sweater being accepted! You must be walking on the clouds (of yarn that is).

I think the sock looks good, even with the pooling. Pretty colours.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home