Monday, November 14, 2005

A blast from the past...

Guess what I finished last night? What's the WIP that's been hanging out on my sidebar at 98% completion for ages? Yup, you guessed it - Spork! I finally managed to get my act together last night and sewed up all the straps on my MIL's heavy-duty German sewing machine. I broke a needle and busted the thread once (and I'm surprised it only broke once...), but I pushed on and Spork is now all strapped up and ready to go.



I was a little worried when it came out of the felting process all wonky, but sewing on the straps really helped straighten it out and made it look 100% better. It's pretty small and still crooked, but all in all I likes!

7 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I love Spork!! It doesn't look crooked to me. I really like the color combo too (do I remember that you weren't sure about it?? it was SO LONG ago - just kidding) I like the idea of the heavy duty straps too. Great job!!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

wow, that came out great! i'm kinda partial to smaller bags myself; i carry less crap that way. and starfish has to carry his own stuff, thankyouverymuch! no more "sweetheart, can you carry my wallet, phone, and keys?" "nope! sorry, no room in my teeeeeeny tiny bag!" hehehe...
i'm almost hesitant to felt the bag i'm making out of the spork yarn you gave me. i've never felted before so i'm kinda worried because i made stripes and i'm thinking the stripes might not show since some of them are narrow. nothing a test swatch wouldn't solve....just gotta do it. just do it! yah!
but the bag is awesome!!! me likey :) you're so bad@$$ at this yarn thing. ;)

9:51 AM  
Blogger Mamma said...

It looks great. Doesn't it feel good to finally finish something and get if off your to do list. I gotta do some finishing myself.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your finished Spork! I need to find the bag where I have my buckles and straps. I am so disorganized.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Ragan said...

Wow! That is a great bag!

12:12 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Spork looks fantastic!! Y'know, I was kinda beginning to wonder about it...just kidding! The straps look great and it really looks sturdy, too. I don't think it looks small or crooked at all. Awesome job!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Such a good feeling to get spork done, and it really came out nice!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home