Thursday, November 10, 2005

Who am I kidding?

I'm not on a yarn diet! I don't even know why I bother to say that I am. I have no self-control. I had another class at Mabel's last night and came home with this:


Yes, that's two more skeins of Shepherd Sock in the Aslan colorway. I loved it so much on the baby sock that I had to buy some for big socks (hmm, who's going to get those d'ya think?).

The class was Advanced Lace Sampler, and I made this:


It's 1-1/2 repeats of Picture Lace from one of the Barbara Walker books. It was fun, although the other knitters were both beginners, so there wasn't a whole lot for me to learn. It was nice to get away from the kiddos to knit, though, and it's always good to practice lace!

Speaking of Barbara Walker and her awesome books, this arrived yesterday from Amazon:


If you ever need some knitting inspiration, this is the place to get it. I spent a couple hours just paging through, thinking of the sweaters, scarves, socks, hats, etc. that could be made out of each stitch pattern. These books are darn expensive (about $30 each), but the rest are definitely going on my list.

I finally heard back from Creative Knitting about my design yesterday. It was bad news and good news. The bad news is they're not using it for the Sept. '06 issue. The good news is they really liked it and want to try to fit it into Nov. '06. Yay! I think that they get a lot of designs from the yarn companies, so the designs that little designers like me send in go to the bottom of the list. It was better than a flat-out rejection, for sure! I'm also going to be working up some sketches and swatches for Danielle over at No No Kitty Yarns. She has some delectable hand-painted yarn and she's looking for patterns knitted out of them. I'm also trying to come up with something for the next IK and Knit Net deadlines. When am I going to do all of this, plus blog, plus keep up with all y'all's great blogs, plus raise the kiddos? I have no idea. Anybody know anything about cloning adults? Or perhaps a robot that can change dirty diapers and yell at Sydney for me?

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Woweee, you are well on your way to becoming the hottest new knit designer!!! Good for you. Don't worry, you'll get everythign done somehow!! The blogs will always be here waiting when you have the time. :)

11:55 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Congratulations, Chrissy!! Pretty soon your name is going to be right up there in lights with all the other knitting gurus. I'm so happy for you! Sounds like you've got quite a few deadlines, but I know you can do it. And if you leave your phone on , I can yell at Sydney sort of vicariously for you while I scream at Bossy and Stinky all day. ;-)

5:03 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

That's a nice bit of lace and that book looks like a "gotta have". If cloning is anything like the movie Multiplicity, then cloning might not be the way to go! Somehow it will all get done:) Congrats on the designs.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there pal. I have 2 packages that should be too you soon. One is comming direct to you the other comes to me first and neither have made it here yet. They will not make it today I can see since there is no mail. But I have a very small package to tide you over until these places ship you things. So watch your mail box.

~SP~

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home