Sunday, November 06, 2005

Crack cookies

I opened this tin of cookies at about 8:30 pm last night.


This is the tin at 8:30 am this morning. Pathetic. I call these my crack cookies because I just CRAVE them and can't stop eating them once they're in the house. They're some sick combination of shortbread, pecans and chocolate. I should just stop buying them, right? Somehow, I just can't pass by them in the grocery store without them sneaking into my cart. They're on a little stand that I HAVE to walk by. Sydney came up the other day and said "Want some crack cookies!" I think we may have a problem.

Because I don't have enough socks on the needles right now, I started yet another pair of better than booties baby socks last night. These are in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Aslan colorway, which consists of creams, tans and pale mauves. Very pretty. These will be for our neighbors, who just brought their daughter home after a couple weeks in the hospital (she was about 6 weeks early). I just love these little socks, so if you're having a baby anytime soon, you can probably guess what you'll get from me as a gift...

And just for you, Mom, some pics of the grandkids.


She had a really cute expression on her face right before this was taken, but I wasn't quite fast enough. I don't think she likes the flash.


Yes, he's wearing one of his sister's bibs again (no, we don't dress him in pink and take him out in public). And no, he doesn't sit in his highchair all the time. This just happens to be where he's easiest to photograph because I can run and get the camera and know he's not going to try to roll off of or under the couch...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jillio said...

duuuuuuuude, i thought i was the only one with a "crack cookies" problem! omg, i love oreos, and recently i've been going crazy with the christmas oreos...the ones with the red filling? i don't know why i like them so much, but whenever they come out, i HAVE to get them! they're filled thicker than regular oreos, and i just love the red color and the christmas-y decorations. probably the closest i'll ever get to eating a whole package by myself, but i made sure to divide some of it for starfish. he got less than half, but at least i'm not eating them all right?

10:15 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm like that with chips . . . once they're open, it's hard to stop eating them (even when you feel too stuffed to ever move again). Why can't grapes or carrots taste as good???

Lorna's Laces in Aslan? Did you SEE my blog yesterday? Are we channeling each other, sock-yarn wise? Weird, huh????

11:04 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Man, I thought nobody blogged on the weekend, and then I opened up my Bloglines and practically EVERY blog was in bold!! And yours had THREE entries! :-) Sorry to have been remiss on the commenting- I was ignorant! Your crack cookies crack me up. That is a truly sick combination. You're lucky I wasn't there. We'd have to buy 2 tins. And Bossy has that exact Sydney expression everytime the camera flashes- in an Asian version, though. :-)

11:37 AM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Crack cookies...too funny! Those kids are soo cute. With all this talk of Lorna's Laces, I have something else to lust for!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home