Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Another one bites the dust!

One down, 25,000 to go. At least that's what it feels like right now! I just couldn't go to bed last night without finishing the toe on Conwy. They're done! Yahoo!




And boy, are they gorgeous. I was worried that the stitch pattern wasn't going to stand out enough because of the wild yarn, but when they're on my feet and the stitches stretch out, the cables really pop. I love this pattern - it's a little hard to get the hang of crossing the stitches at first, but it's easy to memorize and really is pretty.

The details - Conwy from Nancy Bush's Knitting On The Road. Yarn - Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Black Purl colorway. Needles - Addi Turbo circs, size 1.

It seems like you guys were pretty evenly split on whether to give these or keep them (thanks a lot!), so I'm going to keep knitting socks and see what happens. She may get these if I run out of time, or if these end up being the most fitting pattern. I'm also thinking of knitting up Yukon Leaves and Friday Harbor and seeing how those go. I am truly a sockaholic.

In mommy news, I am reading the BEST book - The Big Rumpus by Ayun Halliday. It's written by a mom of two who started her own 'zine to keep from going nuts. She can be quite crass and is not afraid to use the f-word, but if your sense of humor is irreverent like mine, you'll love this book. I highly recommend it!

10 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

I really like the socks. The pattern goes really well with the color :)

10:31 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Oh, your Conwy turned out beautiful!! The colors are just gorgeous and look at that perfect matching variegation, too. And the cables are beautiful. Now I'm split, too- I change my mind...they're so pretty, I wouldn't be able to give them away. I say keep 'em for yourself! You deserve a pair of Lorna's Laces beauties. Being froggin' irreverent myself, I'll have to check out that book.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Love those; the purple-ey color is so pretty. I stand by my former vote - keep them for yourself!!!! Get some nice solid colored Essence from our favorite on-line yarn store and make something else for her!! And hey, you'll need to buy some other stash yarn to get to the $30 for free shipping . . . I'm SUCH a bad influence. Ha ha ha.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look great. I have Black Purl at home & was wondering if the colors would take away from the cables. Looks like they don't!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Your Conwys look great! Black Purl has to be my favorite Lorna's Laces colorway! (My opinion - keep them, but I happen to be something of a selfish knitter:)

2:16 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Those are really gorgeous socks! Maybe you should keep them :)

2:43 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

i say make a pair in a solid color before you decide which one to give her. you might end up liking the solid pair, too, so you want to give 'em both a fair chance. ;-P

3:31 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

I LOVE them! the color & pattern is great! You did a wonderful job!

9:53 AM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Happy feet! Happy feet! I'm in the middle of my first Conwy in LL with Addi #1s, too. Different colorway (Georgetown), though, but I was so happy to see your lovely finished socks and to see how happy you are with them. Well done!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I love Black Purl, and it really does look smashing in those socks.

Congratulations!

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home