Sunday, November 13, 2005

Knittin' Mom dot com

First of all, I have to say that I looooove weekends. I finally managed to click through all of my bloglines subscriptions. I can't say that I read every single post (and I certainly didn't comment as much as I'd like), but there aren't 150 new posts waiting for me to read like there were yesterday morning! I love all of the blogs I'm finding and I seem to add a couple new subscriptions a week, but it's hard to find time to read all those puppies! I have to send props out to Chris at Bits of Knits. She has two little kids, too, but it seems like everywhere I go to leave a comment, she's already been there. How do you do it, girl? Have you got Bossy & Stinky propped in front of MTV with a bag of Doritos all day or what? (Hee, hee - Chris is an earth mommy extraordinaire so she'll be extra horrified by that picture...).

In other exciting news, I bought the domain name knittinmom.com last week. It just sends anyone who clicks on it back over to this blog, but now when you're talking to your friends about that awesome Knittin' Mom blog, you can tell them to just go to "knittinmom.com" instead of "knittinmom dot blogspot dot com" (which they will remember for about two seconds if they're anything like my mother). I'd love to get all jiggy with it and code up my own blog, but I'd need about two replicants to do that (and yes, Acornbud, I've seen Multiplicity and agree that cloning may not be the best idea if it turns out like that (although it would still be tempting)...have you ever seen the Simpsons take-off on it, where Homer buys a magic hammock that allows him to clone himself? Now THAT is some funny television!). But I digress. Can you tell it's 7 am and I haven't had my coffee yet? (Yes, I know, I drink decaf but it still affects me mentally...)

Speaking of Acornbud, head on over to her blog and check out the beautiful Noro Silk Garden scarf she just finished. Niiiiice!!!

I got a big beautiful bag of NZ wool in the mail yesterday. Unfortunately my camera battery is charging so I can't show it to you. I spent most of the day yesterday swatching up a storm. Today I'm going to be doing a little swatch photo shoot and preparing a few submissions. I got all inspired by my new stitch pattern tome and came up with a sweater idea for the upcoming issue of Knit Net. I also swatched like crazy for my sweater class tomorrow night, and I'm thinking that I might submit the design to IK (if it's okay with Leigh). I'm also trying to finish up the swatches for my No Sheep For You submissions. I've got one complete and one about 1/4 done. I used to hate swatching, but now I'm really getting into it. I will admit, though, that there's a huge difference between swatching in stockinette to get gauge while you've got a pattern in your hand that you're dying to start and swatching with different stitch patterns, etc. while you've got a design idea in your head.

Also, for any of you interested in the design process, check out Amy's blog. She's one of the designers over at The Garter Belt and she's currently blogging about one of her designs from start to finish. It's very cool!

Time to get that coffee brewing!

1 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Man, I do NOT know how you manage to get all that swatching and knitting AND pattern writing done. Especially since you're still nursing and probably waking up a zillion times a night! I only manage to comment because 1)stinky's weaned and is a little better about entertaining herself than before now that she's not fixated on the boob, 2)I get to drink strong, caffeinated coffee and of course, 3)I prop Bossy and Stinky up with a case of sodas and hazmat fluorescent green Guacamole Doritos in front of WB TV all day. :-) And you're right- Acornbud's scarf is so beautiful! Good thinking on the domain name, too. Looking forward to seeing the new designs! Now go get a good, strong cup of decaf...

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home