Friday, November 11, 2005

More, more, more!

I got this in the mail yesterday:


It's a little pattern for a partially-felted wool soaker (cloth diaper cover, for you disposable types). The yarn is from Treliske Organic, a little outfit out of New Zealand, and is literally the softest merino wool I've ever felt. It's a good thing, since I ordered a bunch of their yarn directly from their website. You have to order a kilo to have it shipped to the US, but their prices are good (and with the exchange rate, they're VERY good) so I went for it. I think I ended up ordering two cones of their Bio-Natur organic at NZD$31/cone (about $21 US) and one cone of their merino at NZD$42/cone along with a few skeins of their babyweight merino which is a shocking NZD$1.60/skein on clearance! Gotta love it! I don't know what I'm going to make out of all of it, but I'm sure I can think of something.

I've also joined a new Knit-Along, one that I can really get behind! It's Alison's "Who Wouldn't Love A Hand Knitted Gift?" holiday gift knit-along. I'm afraid of being someone who keeps joining knit-alongs just to get the button for my sidebar, but this one will actually help me reach my goals rather than just adding randomly to my WIP pile! I've divvied up my knit-alongs into in-progress, not-started and completed. I really wanted to join Laura & Amanda's "Cover Your Head" hat-along and the Norwegian Knits-Along, but I couldn't do it in good conscience (at least not yet...). If any of y'all are looking to knit hats, or fair-isle, (or perhaps a fair-isle hat?) go check those knit-alongs out!

5 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Ooh, organic wool- earthy crunchy as I am, you know I'm all over that. Awesome prices, too. But as for your yarn diet, well, I'll hold my tongue on that one. ;-) I just joined a Holiday KAL, too, but I think it's a different one. Holiday Countdown KAL at knitmamaknit.blogspot.com. I'm hoping the peer pressure will freak me out enough to keep me on track till Christmas!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Well, with prices that good it would be sinful NOT to buy the yarn!!! Tee hee. It sounds wonderful, I wish I could come pet it. Oh, joining KAL for the lovely blog-candy-buttons, what a great idea!! ;) And re: your last comment on my blog (about phone calls) - Pete doesn't even ask me to call in take-out anymore either!! HA. Any phone calls that need to be made are all him.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

jeez, woman! you're the best and worst person to go yarn shopping with...I LOVE IT! haha!!! i'm looking you up when i come to portland!
i don't know about knit-alongs. maybe i'm just not a team player. i joined socktoberfest, but didn't finish any socks in october. and i just made a hat, but don't know if i should join the hat-along. decisions decisions...

3:05 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

I totally understand about the hatalong! :) If I weren't already making a hat I'd probably run for the hills, too. *grin* I joined Alison's, of course, because I have holiday WIPs out the wazoo! And, oh my, what an awesome deal on the NZ wool! I may have to check that out. *That's some gorgeous Lorna's, by the way. . .

3:51 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

I'm looking forward to seeing all the projects with your new yarn. What a good deal!

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home