Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Spork!

I managed to get a few more inches done on Spork last night at knit night and I'm well into the third color. Just a couple more inches, and I'm ready to start the decreases. Then I knit up a few rectangles, sew them all together, and make a trip to Fabric Depot for the nylon straps and clips. Then it's felt-o-rama, baby! Larissa mentioned that the mouth of the bag was still a little too wide in the original pattern, so I'm going to throw in a few decreases on the side rectangles to tighten it up a bit. I'm also going to knit up a little shoulder pad to ride at the top of the strap (like laptop bags have). I haven't yet decided which color. Do I make it brown so it's somewhat invisible? Do I make it periwinkle to match the middle stripe of the bag? Or do I get jiggy and make it striped like a miniature version of the bag? If I have enough yarn left, I might try all three and see which one I like best.

Here is my gratuitous Spork progress picture:


It would be really fun to knit this up in a few different colors. I think that playing with stripe funkiness is much of the fun of this pattern. I'm not entirely convinced that my colors are the very best choices, but I'm hoping that they'll look better when they're felted.

I also made a little progress on my mother-in-law gift.

Thanks for all your nice comments about my new template! It's like you're complimenting my child - sad what I get enjoyment out of these days, isn't it?

1 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Spork is going to look fabulous in those colors!! I love the color combo. I've never felted, so I'm really interested in seeing how Spork transforms. I like the shoulder pad idea, too. BTW, MIL gift is looking beautiful!!

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home