Monday, September 26, 2005

Check it out!

I spent WAY too much time this past weekend making up a new template for my blog. Now, I don't know how to use Photoshop, and I don't know how to code HTML, so this was a huge challenge for me. One advantage - eight years of computer programming experience. And my obsessive nature doesn't hurt, either. I managed to get it figured out. I didn't get much knitting done, and my hubby had to pull me aside for a "why are you spending so much time in front of that stupid computer" talk, but I'm really happy with the results. And, I have a new button! I feel so bloggy. Let me know what you think of the new Knittin' Mom look! My geek itch has been scratched for a good long time, now (or else this will be like when you scratch a mosquito bite and it just makes it itch worse...).

So, no new knitting to report. I'm off to figure out how to add some progress bars to my sidebar...

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

It looks AMAZING! I love it! I have been thinking about changing my template too, but I definitely have no HTML or other experience. I was afraid that I would lose all my old content if I changed to a different style. I will email you with ?s, if you don't mind.

2:05 PM  
Blogger chris said...

I LOVE IT!! And I love the button, too!! You are one talented lady. Your old template was great, but this is just awesome. I laughed at your line about your husband pulling you aside for the "too much computer talk." I've gotten that one, myself. ;-) Beautiful job!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

that is AWESOME! i love what you've done! wooooow, so impressive. i totally love your banner / headline / whatever that thing on the top is called. yes, please share your knowledge, o newly found blogger template guru! and imma steal yer butt'n while 'm at it!
hehe, on another not, the word verification is "ledwow." ledwow. now that's something you don't hear everyday.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks Great!!!!! I can't imagine redesigning a template. If it weren't for the existing templates in Typepad, I wouldn't even have a blog!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Your new template is great, oh Goddess of All Things Bloggy!! Really loving your new banner, and the subtle stripes, and just the whole thing. I'm tempted to start playing around with my template now.

Also, thanks so much for the thoughtful e-mail re: my FIL. It really touches both me and Sweetpea to know you guys are sending healing thoughts our way. I plan to publicly thank you all on my next post - but here's an extra thanks for now.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Great button and banner! Your new template looks fantastic.

As for progress bars, I stole mine from the knitty board. The link to where I stole mine from is on my sidebar. It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but I'm guessing you can probably figure it out from what they've already done.

Ooh! I'm visitor #1360!

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home