Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Moo!


I love this little intarsia cow sweater that I'm knitting for Sydney, but can I say that I HATE INTARSIA!!! I love the results, but the process sucks big time. Maybe it was because the pattern that I was working off of was teeny tiny, and I didn't use a ruler or anything to keep track of where I was (oh, no, I can handle it), so I ended up ripping out a couple of rows three different times. Maybe it was the fact that I forgot to bind off the armholes and had to rip out four rows to get back to where they were supposed to be. Maybe it's because I didn't leave myself enough yarn in a couple different places and in one spot, by the time I was done, I only had about an inch and a half of tail left and had to actually TIE A KNOT instead of weaving the end in... Okay, deep breath... I am delighted about how it turned out, and I'm just going to hope that the knot doesn't untie itself before she grows out of it. Now we'll see if I can motivate myself to finish the solid-color, stockinette sleeves and actually put the thing together (now that the "fun" part is done).

Is it normal that my 2-1/2 year old daughter is currently in the kitchen crying her eyes out because I won't feed her applesauce to her? She has known how to use a spoon for at least a year and a half...



We FINALLY got some rain last night! I can't remember the last time it rained, other than it was a long time ago. However, I somehow managed to remember to water enought that my winter peas and beans actually came up! Look at them! I am so proud. The only problem spot is in the 2nd row of peas - we hosted a playgroup in our backyard right before they sprouted and a few of them got trampled. Oh, well! I was so happy that they came up at all. My next target is a few rows of winter lettuce and spinach.

Well, Sydney managed to eat all of her applesauce all by herself. The mysterious fever has left us, but Owen had a terrible night last night. Probably because he slept all day yesterday... It's another Diet Coke for breakfast kind of day for me. It seemed like he was awake more than he slept, but maybe that was just me.

Okay, the baby is chewing on my arm and Sydney is screaming at me from the kitchen - time to go! Ah, the joys of parenthood.

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

It sounds like time at the beach is exactly what you need:) Have a blast! We'll do the swap thing again.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

The sweater is beautiful - you are a pro for sure. Now I know who to hit up with my knitting questions. Loved the garden pics too. Hope you have a much quieter night tonight and get some good sleep!!!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home