Sunday, August 13, 2006

Here we go with the prizes!

All right. We've got some serious prize-giving-away to do. But first, let's review a few statistics.

I cleaned up the list of participants a bit and cleared out anyone who didn't actually report any knit socks to me. That left us with a whopping 129 of you who knit socks for this knit-along. Wow! When I broke it down to see how many socks were knit (not including brownie point pairs), it totals up to 464 pairs, assuming I didn't miss any. These are just the monthly socks. When I add in the brownie point socks (267 pairs of 'em), we're up to a grand total of 731 pairs of socks! I can hardly believe it myself.

26 of you knit socks in all six months of the knit-along, and of those, 17 were in it from the very beginning and knit at least seven pairs of socks from January through July. You are truly serious sock-a-monthers!

Congrats to everyone for making SAM1 such a fun, successful sock-along. You were all fantastic, and I loved seeing all the great socks week after week.

Enough delays - here's what you've been waiting for! First, we'll draw for the July sock prize winner. And it is...Khris! What do I give as a prize to the girl who has her own yarn-dying business? Koigu, of course, courtesy of Jill!

Next, we draw the prize for the knit-alonger who knit socks in all seven months of the knit-along, including January. This very special prize is the hank of Hip Knits Cashmere sock yarn. Mmm, cashmere! The lucky winner is...Sheri!

Since there were so many awesome knitters who knit six pairs of socks (Feb thru July), I'm going to draw a few other names out of this particular hat as well. You may remember these prizes from a few posts ago, but here they are again:



The Intertwinement yarn, courtesy of Wendy, will go to Dene. The Lorna's Laces goes to Roberta. The Trekking XXL goes to Stariel. We also have some secret prize yarn (as in, I don't have a picture of it) which will go to Lisa and Dave. Yay!

And now, the moment you've been waiting for...the grand prize drawings. Just to refresh your memory, there will be two prizes.

Basket 1:


Basket 2:


Each of you who knit at least one pair of socks will be entered in the drawing. The more monthly pairs (as in letters by your name) you have, the more entries you will get. But, no matter how many socks you knit, your fate is in the hands of the random number generator. With no further ado...

Basket 1 goes to Persnickety Knitter. I'd like to send a special thanks out to Persnickety Knitter - due to her participation in this knit-along, I will never again struggle with how to spell the word "persnickety".

Basket 2 goes to Virtuella!

Congrats to all who won, and thank you to all who participated. I am looking forward to a rollicking good SAM2 time thanks to all you busy sockers.

If you won a prize, I will try to contact you via e-mail or blog comment very soon. But, if you beat me to it and come here first (which is kind of more fun and surprising anyway), e-mail me your snail mail address so I can get your prize off to you.

Sock on!!!

15 Comments:

Blogger lexa said...

I can't believe I won something!!! And of all things Cashmere sock yarn!!! I was just checking my regular blog updates, and what a wonderful surprise!!! Congratulations to all the other winners as well!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Bitterknitter said...

Yippee!! I can't believe I won something! The whole SAM1 has been so much fun, here's to the sequel!

-Lisa

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOWWWWW, what a surprise!!
*jumping up and down*
Thanks!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Whew! That's a lot of socks! Congrats to all the prize winners.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Congrats to all the winners!!

Chrissy, thanks a million for running this contest. You've done a ton of work on it, and I appreciate all that you have done.

Thanks also to all who donated yarn for the various monthly draws as well.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Also, I now have my August socks done for the Sock A Month KAL over at http://kittenyarnsandcrafts.blogspot.com

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome...congrats to all of the winners and participants!
I am so working my butt off for SAM2.
I just finished my first pair and am casting on for my second tonight! Pictures and emails tomorrow!

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay ME!!!
I'm so excited- I've never had any Koigu of my very own before!

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I was so surprised to see that I'd won Lorna's Laces; one of my favorites! Thanks for all you've done and congratulations to everyone for 731 pairs of socks!

7:44 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

Thanks so much for the sock fun!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Ragan said...

Congratulations to the winners! Wow! I am looking forward to the SAM2 socks! :) Yay socks!
I finally finished my August pair! Hurray! Now, I am busy working on brownie points.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to all the winners. I thought the brownie points were going to earn a prize too? I didn't have the most brownie points , but I had a few. just curious.

8:51 PM  
Blogger monica said...

Hey, that is a lot of socks! Congrats to the winning sock knitters.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chrissy - I've tried emailing a couple times but I think maybe I'm getting spammed out - - I'd love to do SAM2. I've got one pair finished for July. Thanks!

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops! I meant August!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home