Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's up!

The Interweave Knits Spring '08 preview is up! You may remember that I was a little disappointed at how my socks in the Winter issue photographed so dark, but both of my designs in this issue look fantastic (although it looks a bit like the shirt is too small for the model). The yarn for the Auburn Camp Shirt is Naturally Dawn and I just loved working with it (although the fine gauge and short deadline just about killed me, since I had to knit socks for the same issue, all during our trip to Minnesota last summer). It is soft, has a delightful drape and is reasonably priced for a silk/wool blend.

I'm still in heavy-duty editing mode but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Fortunately I have two of the best tech editors ever who are able to turn stuff around for me in the ridiculously short amount of time I'm giving them! My pledge for June is to procrastinate just a tad less...

10 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

Your stuff looks great, Chrissy. And I'm so happy to be issue-mates with you again :)

3:53 PM  
Blogger Chrispy said...

I scrolled through this morning mentally noting the things I liked and realized your name was on the shirt. I really like it and I agree it looks a bit small on the model but it is cute and I would plan to wear it open also.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Iris said...

That camp shirt is the best of the bunch, in my opinion, and there are a lot of nice projects to choose from there. The socks are great too, so unique and different from any I've seen.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Your designs look great! I'm glad I found the link on your blog to the preview before they seemed to have taken it down. IK is such a tease sometimes!

6:00 PM  
Blogger HDW said...

OOOOO can't wait to get my issue!! Ilook forward to each and everyone, along with my yarn they are good insulation!!!!! :) Or at least that is what I tell my hubby!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Wendee said...

I'm behind on my blog reading so I found out about your pattern when I saw the IK preview. Congrats! The camp shirt stood out to me before I noticed the designer. Then I saw the socks and they looked suspiciously like something you'd be behind. Yep! Wow - two patterns in one issue.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

I am in love with your Auburn Camp Shirt! As usually you design such beautiful knit wear.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Congrats! I love the socks and the camp shirt is so beautiful!
I can't wait to get my issue :)

6:00 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I love that camp shirt. Love. It. Great job!!

4:56 PM  
Blogger sarah / knot another hat said...

That Camp Shirt is fantastic and going in my queue. Thanks for the CD catalog - I'll get an order to you soon!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home