Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ravelry group & additional pattern availability

Well, I hope you all enjoyed Donna's stop on her blog book tour - it was a fun interview! I've got another book review up my sleeve in the next week or so, so stay tuned.

I don't have much to say today, but I wanted to tell you about a couple of things. First, I started a Ravelry group for people knitting my patterns - it's a place to ask questions, give feedback, etc. in a more interactive way than is possible on the blog or via e-mail. If you're on the Rav, you can get to it here. PS - Ravelry invites have sped way up since they got their new servers installed, so if you haven't gotten on the list yet because it seemed hopeless, know that there is indeed hope for all.

Next, I dropped off a binder with my complete pattern line yesterday at Close Knit along with the Snowflake Sock sample, so you can pick up any of my patterns there if you're in the 'hood. Also, Dublin Bay has all of my patterns available (hard-copy) for online order for those of you not in PDX who might want to order the Feather Lace Shawl pattern and the Seasilk to go with it all in one swoop.

Speaking of petting the Handmaiden (that's my phrase of the week now), Yvonne stopped by the shop yesterday and I most helpfully showed her the new Handmaiden Cashmere Silk laceweight. This stuff is like beyond soft - it's almost TOO soft for the poor brain to comprehend. It's amazing that they managed to make cashmere even softer by blending it with silk, but they did. Yvonne carried a skein of it around for a good long time and just couldn't bring herself to put it down. She totally petted the Handmaiden (in fact, she's probably petting it right now)!

I also got to finally meet my shop co-worker Sharon yesterday. We were supposed to work together a long time ago, but events conspired and shifts changed around so that we didn't manage to get together until yesterday. I hadn't realized that this is the same Sharon who joined my Beginning Knit Designers webring a year ago. I remember her sending a very nice e-mail to me (which I probably neglected to respond to, since I'm so very bad that way), but I never made the connection that this was the same Sharon! Back then she was designing adorable little dog sweaters, but now she's moved on to handdyed yarn and stitch markers. Go check out her Etsy shop! It was lovely to finally connect with my new partner-in-crime...I mean, co-worker!

I'll leave you with a picture of our porch's pride and joy.



These two gorgeous pumpkins were volunteers in our front garden. As in, last year Bill chucked our rotten pumpkins off the porch into the garden and the plants that produced these beauties grew from their seeds. That's my kind of gardening - the do-nothing kind! Today we're planning to head to the pumpkin patch/corn maze for a little fall fun before the rains settle in for good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna D said...

I hope my ravelry invite comes soon. I'm so busy pouting!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you going to post photos of these pumpkins when they are all rotten? I want to see if they will look like their parents. ;)

11:14 PM  
Blogger LavenderSheep said...

Consider yourself officially a yarn enabler! I do have it on my coffee table so I can pet it whenever I walk by. I think that I am going to test knit a pair of mitts that Sarah has been working on out of it.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home