Monday, November 05, 2007

Ah....

The kids are playing in the bathroom sink, Bill's watching the Steelers win, and all is well for the moment. Oh, never mind. Owen just threw toilet paper in the bathtub, and the kids are fighting over the potty. I guess that's a good thing, since it means Owen's actually wanting to use the potty... He's still at about a 35-40% success rate, which is endlessly frustrating since Sydney was very easy and quick on the potty-using front.

But let's not talk about that. I didn't get very much sleep last night, since I was busy worrying about the query letter I sent to the editor at Interweave. I'm thinking that I might resurrect my sock book proposal and send it around to a few more places. I fired the query off last night and had this crazy thought that the idea was so fantastic she'd be e-mailing me first thing this morning with a book contract. Yeah, and Ed McMahon showed up on my doorstep today with a giant check. Maybe tomorrow.

I also was alerted to some errata in the Tilting Cables Socks pattern in the winter IK. If you're knitting these, the correct way to start the ribbing is as follows:

Rnds 1 & 2: Needles 1 & 3: K2, p4, k4, p8, k2; Needles 2 & 4: K2, p8, k4, p4, k2.
Rnd 3: Needles 1 & 3: K2, p4, k4, p8, k2; Needle 2: K2, p8, k4, p4, k2; Needle 4: K2, p8, k4, p4 (end 2 sts before end of rnd).
Rnd 4 is correct.

D'oh! That's what I get for not including the ribbing on the chart like I should have. I also have a couple pictures of the stitch pattern in a lighter-colored yarn:





(click to enlarge for a better view)

Now I'm back to work on my January stuff. I've been working on something in Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb, which is like crack to me. It is so nice, when I knit with it I wonder why I ever want to knit with anything else.

Oh, and I just found out today that I've been elected to the board of the Association of Knitwear Designers as a member at large. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing since the organization has been going through some growing pains, but I think ultimately it will be great. I'm really starting to feel like I'm a legitimate designer and, not only that, someone who's actually going somewhere. Now if only I could get the kids to stop fighting and pick up their toys...

3 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

Of course you're going places, Chrissy. You always have design work lined up. I'm excited for you about your sock book proposal. Socks should be an easy sell - people love to make them. Here's hoping a publisher will bite! :)

I'd love to do a book someday too, but that's far far far in the future!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Those pictures are much better than the ones in the mag. Now I know what the pattern is supposed to look like :)

I DREAD potty training.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the association board slot! fingers crossed on the book! L

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home