Thursday, November 01, 2007

NaBloPoMo

Since my blog has been so very, very neglected as of late, I've decided to join NaBloPoMo (or National Blog Posting Month, for those of you who don't speak acronym, or semi-acronym, or whatever the heck that word made out of the front halves of a bunch of other words is). The goal is to post every day for a month. Good luck to me.

I was inspired to do this by a post on the Ravelry forums, where I have been spending an inordinate amount of time lately. There has been oh so much drama going on there, and I am attracted to drama like a moth to the flame. Between posts asking for an illegal pattern photocopy and accusations of pattern theft, I've had quite the busy time reading and getting all worked up about things done by complete strangers that don't really (but hypothetically could) affect me. I often wonder why I'm so compelled to stick my nose in where it at best only marginally belongs.

The kids were in super-terror mode all afternoon, so I chugged a couple glasses of wine after dinner. If this post is a bit incoherent, I apologize. It was a choice between wine and homicide. Owen is in the midst of potty training, which means he's about halfway there. He has an equal number of successes and failures throughout the day. I was dealing with a particularly stinky failure when I realized I hadn't heard from Sydney in far too long. I thought she was out in the backyard, whispering to the chickens, so I went out to see what she was up to. Imagine my panic when I couldn't find her anywhere. We have a backyard with a high fence and live in a safe neighborhood full of nosy neighbors, but I still had a moment of electrifying panic when I couldn't find her. I raced through the house, checking all of her favorite hiding spots, and finally found her in her room with the door shut, hunched over her bag of Halloween candy in the back of the closet, stuffing her face with chocolate. This is just one of the many trying situations I faced today. Couple that with a pinched nerve in my shoulder that just won't work itself out, and alcohol seemed like the only good solution.

A whole month of posts like this - can you stand it? I do have knitting to talk about, and Halloween pictures, but they'll have to wait. Right now I've got a TiVoed episode of 90210 to watch (thank you, Soap Network!). See you tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home