Thursday, February 15, 2007

Oh, no!

I am paralyzed with fear this morning - not by the 10-hour plane ride with two small, unruly children, or the anticipation of fumbling our way around a foreign country...

No, the fear that is putting butterflies in my stomach this morning is - did I pack enough knitting? Will two bags and two pairs of socks keep me occupied the entire week? I could never knit that much during a normal week at home, but we'll be in a place where the kids have their friends to play with and there are two more adults to help keep them distracted. Maybe I should pack yarn for a sweater, just in case?

Okay, I'm taking a deep breath, packing a couple of (gasp) books (pleasure reading - not stitch dictionaries!) and reminding myself that they do sell yarn in Japan.

7 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Have a great trip!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

Japan = the birth place of Noro, i'd be taking an empty suitcase to fill! Have fun.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you'll be fine, whenever I take yarn on a trip I never end up even getting it out after the plane trip.

Have a wonderful time!

1:05 PM  
Blogger ~Jody said...

I'm sure you've plenty. Probably more than enough. Have a WONDERFUL trip!!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

sooooooooo jealous! have a great time!!!! and dammit, my bloglines dropped your feed!?!?! it's been doing that lately. do you have this problem? sorry, FYI. eat lots of good food for me!

1:44 PM  
Blogger LeslieC said...

Take some out, buy Noro. Seriously, I stopped taking more than two projects on the plane years ago and now find a local shop and stock up. Have a GREAT time.

Leslie

9:56 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Have a great fun trip!

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home