Monday, February 05, 2007

Knitting in Tokyo?

We are off to Tokyo in a couple weeks (that's going to be a fun plane ride - thank goodness for the back-of-seat video systems, which is the only thing that will keep the kids alive during that long trip...). Bill is running the Tokyo marathon with his friend Anthony, and then we're going to be tourists for the rest of the week.

What I'm wondering is, does anyone have any advice on knitting shops in Tokyo? I would love to pick up some Japanese stitch pattern books and yarn, but I am totally clueless about where to go. Any of you ever done any LYS-hopping in Tokyo?

8 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

Lucky you. A trip to Japan sounds like a lot of fun. I'm sorry I can't be too helpful as far as yarn shops there. But maybe you can try to find some knit blogs of bloggers based in Japan? They'd know for sure. Good luck and have a good trip! :)

4:15 PM  
Blogger Miss Tonia said...

Have fun, and take lots of pics for us!

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Konbanwa!

I can't wait to hear...my sister and I are going in August to see my brother.

Sadly I am more looking forward to the craft stores than the usual tourist things.

7:27 PM  
Blogger mary said...

My one skein secret pal is American but lives in Japan, but not Tokyo I think. Check out Rachelle's blog at http://mynephewsknit.blogspot.com/index.html. I bet if you asked her, and mentioned I referred you, she'd be able to give you some info. Good luck with the trip, and especially with the plane ride.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see someone has already mentioned Rachelle. Have a GREAT trip!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Bettina said...

Congratulations, this is going to be fun for you all. And good luck to your husband in the Marathon.

As to LYS, any halfway good concierge should be able to help and find one at least from the yellow pages.

Have a great time!!!

3:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember seeing a good article about yarn stores and knitting in Japan in one of the knitting mags in the last few years. It had the subways to take and stops to get off at too. I'll take a look tonight while watching TV and see if I can find it for you.

7:28 AM  
Blogger lexa said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Have a good time.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home